Chapter 3

~Kakashi POV

I woke up to a crying baby realizing everything that happened last night. The last of my family may now be dead and even left me with one thing to remember him by.

A child that I don't know anything about.

"I got to find someone I can trust for help" I sighed heavily as I wrapped the crying child up and quickly headed out into the village avoiding everyone.

"Kurenai!!!" I yelled not knowing Asuma was with her. "Please help me" I said placing the crying child in her arms.

"Whose the pretty young broad you knocked up?" Asuma said nudging me in my side. "How come we never met her?" Asuma pushes.

"You never met her because there is no woman-" Asuma cut me off from my sentence.

"So you're telling me it was a one-night stand baby, Kakashi you dog I'd thought you'd settle down first" He smirked.

Why did I bother to take this child? It's causing me much pain already.

I punched Asuma in his head highly irritated already.

"If you had let me finish my sentence earlier then you would've heard me explain that it's my brother's child" I explained everything from yesterday as well as what my brother told me about her being a Jinchūriki.

"The problem is her diaper and I'm pretty sure the small thing is hungry" Kurenai stared taking care of the problem.

I picked the child back up.

"Well at least you stopped crying now" I said holding her up to my face. She stared at me before barfing in my face.

"UGH!!! What the hell" Kurenai took the child again laughing at me along with Asuma.

"You can bring her by every morning clearly you're not prepared for this job" She volunteered walking home with the baby.

I, however, disappeared under a tree going back to reading a book.

This is going to be one heck of a life.

*skip to 6 years later*

~Chinami's POV

Kakashi always left me alone always never here.  All the villagers feared me, however, I had no friends all except for a trouble making boy named Naruto.

Naruto was my first and only friend in this village.

I was walking around town gathering food to cook for Kakashi when he got home. The last stand I stopped at was Mrs. Sazuki who had the last of what I needed to buy.

"Back again sweetie?" She asked smiling at me as she wrapped the things up. I gave her a big smile placing the food in my basket before paying her.

"I sure am hoping tonight's dinner goes right this time. I got the recipe from Kurenai, so it shouldn't be too hard... And maybe now I could thank him for all he's done for me so far, but I must get to cooking before he comes home" I waved Mrs. Sazuki goodbye before heading home.

On my way home I bought a bun with some left over money. He gave me a small smile handing me my warm bun.

"Thank you sir" I said smiling brightly taking it before heading off.

"Mommy I want one" A kid was crying and tugging on his mom's shirt pointing at my bun.

"No, we don't have enough for it" She mentioned ignoring him as he continued throwing a fit.

I ripped my bun in half offering it to him. He seemed hesitant at first and some people even stopped to stare at me. Usually, kids and their parents would run off by now, but he accepted it as I had given him a small smile.

"Thank you" He happily said diving right into the bun. His mother bent down to give me the remains of what she had left, but I refused the money.

"you keep it" I said smiling heading the rest of the way to the house only to see Naruto laying in front of the door clutching his stomach complaining about how hungry he was.

"Stop sulking and come in I'm making dinner tonight" He rushed in sitting at the table with his head down. I gave him the other half of my bun while I put the food on the stove.

"But it's not ramen" He complained.

"Don't be an ungrateful pig, just eat it" I clutched my fist hitting him in the head.

"OW I WAS GOING TO, BUT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO HIT ME SO HARD" he yelled rubbing his head. Kakashi arrived just in time the food was ready to be served.

Naruto chowed down without a word while I watched Kakashi to see what he would say about it this time. He looked up at me as we finished our meal.

"Wow, Chinami that was better than last time your skills have really improved" Kakashi whacked him in his head.

"thank you for the food, the dinner was great" He said calmly. He didn't seem all too enthusiastic about it though. He clasped his hand around Naruto's mouth to keep him quiet for a bit.

"I'm glad... I have a list of fun for us to do tomorrow since it's your day off" I said brightly pulling out the list.

"Chinami" He grabbed my attention from the paper. "I'm sorry to not be spending enough time with you, but the Hokage is sending me to the sand village to deliver some important things to the Kazegage, so I need you to stay with Kurenai for a bit" I looked down at my lap not wanting him to see how sad I was getting.

He's always busy and he never spends time with me anymore always leaving me with Kurenai or one of the Elders.

"why can't he send someone else? How long will this take? Why are you always leaving me with Kurenai? Why would you even accept a job you don't want to deal with !?" I yelled the last part seeing him get angry from the first time.

"My job was to protect you not be your father or anything else!" He yelled back causing me to cry. His eyes widened once he realized I was crying.

He tried to rub my head while apologizing after seeing his mistake, but I only moved back away silently crying.

"You're always leaving me behind Kakashi and some of the time it's to read a book... you are the worst uncle ever I would of rather died with my parents" I rushed off to his room slamming the door behind me flopping face first onto a pillow.

I have no memories of my parents not even anything to remember them by and I wish I did. They risked their lives for me, however, Kakashi is no different, so I shouldn't have said those things to him because I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for him. In some way, I've always viewed him as a father and sometimes there were times where I've almost called him dad.

I woke up super tired from all the crying I was doing I barely got any sleep. I headed out in the living room to see him sleeping on the couch.

"Kakashi" I whispered poking his nose several times. His eye opened slowly looking at me. I looked down sadly at him.

"I'm sorry Kakashi for everything that I said" he sat up on the couch rubbing his head. " I didn't mean it please forgive me" He embraced me with a tight hug before getting up rubbing my head.

"It's alright squirt I know how you feel and I'm sorry too"

"Can we at least train before you go?" I asked hoping that he'd say yes.

"How about we train on the way there" He said handing me my first Kunai.

"Do you really think I'm ready to use this?" I asked as he nodded packing our bags.

"It's a 3-day trip there, so you're going to have to keep up as part of your training" He said handing me my bag. I smiled and nodded putting on the bag and following him out of the hidden leaf village and headed for the sand.