Chapter 29

This was just one of their games. She would hide and pretend to resist. He would take her anyway. There was never any question when Nick wanted to make love to his wife. He was in charge in that department and she always obliged his desire for her. He knew her protest was feigned, could see the desire and satisfaction in her eyes when he overcame her protest. She loved the power she had as a woman to make her husband desire her beyond reason, and that was why she teased him, playing demure, when in reality she wanted him as badly as he wanted her.

He lifted her in his arms and dropped to the bed, still holding her. Her arms flopped aside as he knelt over her. There was a look of utter submission on her face. Her eyes were still wide but the shock and fear had gone and there was a blank, dreamy light to them. Her lips were wet and reddened where he had smeared the light lipstick she usually put on before he came in for dinner. Her mouth was slightly open and very kissable.

Nick stood and ripped his belt open. "Dinner's fine for a bit isn't it, sweetheart?"

She didn't answer. Her eyes just lowered as he tugged his jeans and shorts down, his erection springing free to lever, engorged and rigid. Her eyes widened and lifted to meet his again.