Chapter 42

Nick stepped up three tiers and tossed the last straw bale into place. He had spent the morning stacking his trailer, and had just finished unloading into his hay shed. He was hot, and his back and arms ached from the work. It was time to wash up for lunch and an hour of rest before doing another load that afternoon.

He filled the bucket on his wash stand, stripped his shirt, lathered with soap and scrubbed his upper body clean. He looked up to see that the kitchen curtain had been pulled aside. His wife's pretty face was visible, unabashedly watching the show. Her lips were slightly parted. He pointed to her, threatening teasingly that she better run and hide. Lunch and an hour of rest were needed, but there was something else that required tending first.

He opened the door and poked his head around it. "Here I come, ready or not, sweet thing," he called playfully. She squealed. She was still in the kitchen. He found her there backed up against the sink, her eyes wide and dancing gaily, her lips red and inviting, curved in a big smile. She jumped as he lunged, but he caught her around the waist, and held her, and tickled her. He had her squirming and wriggling and shrieking in laughter and delight. He tasted those red lips, kissing her softly at first, then searchingly, as he moved his hand from where he had been gripping her ribs, upward to feel her breasts. She squirmed around to be backed against him, and with his other hand he felt down over her belly and up under the skirt of her dress. She was already wet, so he slipped his hand down the front of her underwear and felt into her with his middle finger, rubbing her there while mauling her neck and kissing her mouth from the side.