Chapter 53

"No baby formula," he murmured in her ear. "I want our baby right here."

She nodded. She wanted that too.

Then he showed her, sucking one nipple into his mouth and tugging.

"Hmmm," she sighed through closed lips. He liked the sound, so he went to the other side, tending that plump nipple with equal eagerness.

Nick laid his wife down on the towel and opened the button on her jeans, sliding them down her slender legs and tossing them aside. At last he noticed the pretty underwear she'd put on. Ironically, it was pink, and perfectly matched the stones on her rose quartz fertility necklace.

"So beautiful," he said, shaking his head as he removed his own clothing. Then, naked, he knelt, sliding her panties down, wanting nothing between them. She reached for him and he lowered his body to hers, squashing her gently with his weight, loving the feeling of her slender frame beneath him. Her legs twined around his again. She slipped her arms around his neck and pulled him down for another kiss, her breasts rubbing against his chest.

"I love you," he told her. She smiled against his lips. Her slender, delicate hand slipped between their bodies so she could take hold of his erection, stroking it. He was rock hard and ready. She parted her thighs. He rubbed against her and she moaned. She was warm and wet, and he surged, sliding between the delicate folds and embedding himself in that welcoming heat.

If the love of a couple determined the happiness of a child, then theirs would be the happiest ever born. He looked into her hazel eyes as he slid inside her eager body, watching sentience fade as the pleasure grew in her. She looked hazy, unfocused, and he filled her, pulled back, and thrust in again, so that he could watch her orgasm build. And then she was there, sobbing with pleasure, her sweet sex clenching hard on him.

It was too much, the love in her eyes, the stimulation of their lovemaking, and he groaned in release, pouring his seed into her waiting belly. This time, he knew, it would be the right time. For a moment, he could see her, his beautiful wife, her body rounded with their baby inside, sitting on the couch knitting that little white blanket. He kissed her once more and then disengaged their bodies, carrying her into the house and cuddling her close. He didn't notice when her necklace came unfastened and dropped into the grass.