un viaje para recordar

warnings: fluff (this won't be relatable to everyone, i want to start doing readers from different countries and while this one is very similar to my "summer in sweden" it's just slightly different and i wanted to write it so if you have any suggestions for countries please  leave a comment and let me know!)

"Bill, are you ready yet?" you called, anxious to get to the airport. Today you were finally going back home to Mexico, and your boyfriend was coming with you for the first time.

"Yeah, just let me grab these ba- AH!" you ran over to where he was and saw that he had tripped over one of your smaller bags. You couldn't help but chuckle, seeing such a lanky man on the floor, but helped him up. "Why do you need to have so many bags?" he whined, rubbing his back from pain.

"I have to give my family presents, silly! I haven't seen them in almost a year," you explained, and he nodded. He understood not being able to see your family for a long time, and wanting nothing more than to make it up to them.

"I already called the Uber, let's go downstairs," you helped him with the bags and went downstairs, a comfortable silence settling between you two. The silence continued most of the way to the airport, light chatter coming up here and there. You could tell Bill was nervous, he had never met your parents even though you two had been dating for two years now. You knew they were going to love him, but he couldn't help the anxiety growing in his chest.

Finally, after a good 20 hours or so of waiting, flying, and driving, you were on your childhood house's doorstep. You smelled the air, the heat and sun making you feel at home. Bill, however, was having a difficult time with so much sun and was already beginning to burn.

"Come on you big Swede, we'll lather you up in aloe when we get inside," you teased, taking his hand and tugging him toward the door. You knocked three times, and were greeted by your mother's smiling face.

"¡Mijita!" she exclaimed, pulling you into a crushing embrace. You smiled, you had definitely missed your enthusiastic mother. "Hello, you're Bill?" your mother didn't speak the greatest English, but she did her best to learn in case Bill couldn't speak Spanish.

"Yeah, nice to meet you, Señora Y/L/N." Bill tried to shake her hand, but she just grabbed it and pulled him in for a hug. You smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up, and picked up your bags and walked into your house.

Your father came to greet you with a smile and a hug; he wasn't a man of many words, but the gesture was enough. Then your younger brother, Enzo, ran downstairs to jump on your back and wrap his legs around you.

"Y/N! Y/N!" he yelled, both of you laughing. You threw him onto the couch and tickled him, almost making him pee himself. "I missed you," he said seriously, after you had stopped mercilessly tickling him.

You smiled. "I missed you all so much," you said, almost tearing up. You looked at Bill, who was chatting away with your parents, and caught a glimmer of pride in your father's eyes. He was proud of the man you chose, and you could tell your mother was all over him. You couldn't wait for the next few weeks to unfold, and to spend time with your family.