Bacon

The shower, no matter how cold she made it, only helped ease her temper a little. But at least she had gotten the blood off her body. She scrubbed and scrubbed at herself until the only thing left was raw pink skin.

And yet, she could still smell him on her. It was like a thick cover of mist had covered her skin. She wanted nothing more than to keep scrubbing.

Clothes were waiting for her when she finally emerged, a pair of jeans and a sweater. They did smell like him, which in its self, was infuriating, but they also smelled like another. It was a softer scent, faded, but sweeter and unrecognizable. She scrunched her nose up at it.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she was greeted with another smell. It made her mouth water in ways she hadn't remember it to do. She licked her lips.

Bacon.

She couldn't remember the last time she had bacon. Her nose led her into the kitchen when she saw Judd standing over a pan on the stove. His back was turned to her, shirtless and rippling with muscles not yet affected by the heat. Not that they needed to be. A pile of toast was set off to the side next to another plate of eggs.

Something moved on the other side of the room, and she glanced to see Jaro's human face scrunched in a mixture of pain and anger. He was laying on his side on the sofa in just a pair of very tight boxer briefs the color of a dark sky. There was a bandage wrapped around his thigh that was beginning show the red leaking underneath.

Jaro let out a growl, and her gaze moved back up to his face. His dark hair was matted with sweat and stuck to his forehead. It had probably taken him a good while to shift back.

A piece of toast slapped him in the face. Judd grinned at his aim from the kitchen as Jaro blinked and glared at him. "You're not you when you're hungry," Judd mocked with a mocking edge to his tone. It only seemed to make Jaro more agitated, but he bit off half the piece of toast in one bite.

"You're not even going to apologize?" he snapped, his gaze back on Neira and gesturing to his seeping wound.

Neira scoffed and moved around to fall into a chair she was previously standing behind. "You broke down my door."

"So you decided to try and tear my leg off?" he barked shoving the rest of the toast into his mouth.

Neira rolled her eyes, "another second and you would have been dead. Who cares if you are missing a leg then."

Jaro snarled low and moved his arm more firmly underneath of him. Judd threw another piece of toast at him. "Jaro," he warned, "Neira could whoop your ass, and you know it. Pull your head out of your heat stricken ass and smell the roses." He grinned at Jaro, pointing his spatula for effect.

Neira wanted to be smug about it, but she kept her face blank. Instead, she pressed her lips together and tucked her legs underneath of her.

The door opened and Lincon and Landon came in with grins on their faces. They looked at Jaro and then to Neira. Lincon covered his mouth with his hand to hide his laughter as Landon snickered openly.

"My dude," Landon said high-fiving her. "You're the real deal."

Lincon looked back at Jaro. "I commend you. Your effort is duly noted," he quipped as his hand dipped low and slapped Jaro on the ass. A hiss fell from Jaro's teeth with the pain as he glared up at him. Jaro rubbed at his surely throbbing cheek as he glared at them.

They both sank into the other sofa, grinning like fools. Judd moved from in the kitchen, a plate in his hand filled with eggs, toast, and bacon. He dumped it in front of Jaro on the coffee table and then turned to nod at Neira before falling into the last sofa in the room. The injured Jaro grumbled his thanks and leaned over to pluck a piece of bacon off the top of the pile.