Can we keep it?

It was dark when a knock sounded on the door. Day had faded and darkness had crept through the windows, it cash shadows on the walls, made ghouls curl their fingers around the bedposts. She wished Shadow hadn't left. Neira wasn't afraid of him. 

The days were still relatively short but they seemed to be getting longer, the sun sticking around for bigger periods of time. When she thrust open the door she expected to see black eyes but instead, there were two green eyes. Two leafy green eyes, pale blonde hair and shiny white teeth.

"Hungry?" He asked his face cool but a small smile tugged at his lips. He was leaning against the door frame, the patio light making his hair appear to glow. He was taller than her by a long shot, his frame lean but strong. 

Neira raised an eyebrow. "Is that a question or a name?"

His lips twitched, barely giving away that he thought she was amusing. "Name is Kesler. Hungry was the question."

It was Neira's turn to smirk now, unnervingly pleased to not be alone any longer. "Well Kes, I'm starving. Lead the way," she said pulling on the sneaker's laces. It was no use because within the first two steps off the deck her feet were soaked and caked with mud. 

Ah, springtime, thy sloppy bitch.

The buds on the trees hadn't started yet and there were still patches of snow here and there that would take some time to melt. If she had to guess, it might even snow one more time before the warmth truly came rolling in.

Spring rain wouldn't be for a while...

The main cabin was much like her own, except it was larger. Much larger and the deck was bigger too. It was a slightly darker grey in siding, the deck darker too. There was a large barbecue along the rail, obviously not in use at the moment. The thing that made her pause wasn't the siding though, or the deck or how out of place this building seemed to be compared to other packs.

It was the windows. The floor to ceiling two storey pieces of glass that made the whole world look like it could be swallowed up by those windows. That's what made her breath catch in her throat. She wondered what the world would look like from the other side of those windows. She didn't think it would look the same, for some reason she knew it wouldn't.

It was beautiful.

Kesler turned back to her and noticed the look on her face. "I looked at it that way too when it was finished," he said looking back up at the strange structure. "Shade likes windows."

Neira couldn't say she disagreed, but she wouldn't consider these windows. More like glass pieces of wall.

She followed after Kesler up the stairs, taking in the black trim around the windows and the dark walnut beams over the peak of the house. She'd never seen anything like this before.

Kesler pushed the front door open for her before she was done completely taking it in.

Three males lay lounging on the biggest couch she had ever seen. They still made it look small. Two of the males had dark skin - beautiful coffee like skin that was uncommon in the wolf population. Their dark eyes tracked her, watching her every move. They were nearly as dark as Shade's human eyes. One had a shaved head, a jagged scar starting just above his eyebrow and heading over the smooth plane of his head.

The other male on the couch was the youngest one, probably early twenties now that she saw his face. Not the best to be judging him for his age. She herself wasn't that old. Hell, he could very well be older than her. But that was the difference between the males and the females. Shewolves matured at a much earlier age than the males. This boy had probably only been a year into maturity as she was three, going on four.