8

"Will someone tell me what is going on?"

Jungkook broke the silence and Hoseok straightened up as he cleared his throat while stealing a glance at the nervous Taehyung. Jungkook watched them exchange knowing looks and knew something was up. He was fully awake and functional by now and so were the other two.

"Well?"

Hoseok gulped and walked a few steps back just in case, before he started talking.

"Um, actually, you see, what happened was that, um, there was this crazy party and um-"

Jungkook's eye twitched at that and he cut him off right there.

"Who brought me here and why? Also, what in the hell's name am I wearing? Which idiot put it on me?"

Taehyung butt in without thinking.

"You are that idiot. You were sleepy so you didn't care and wore my gown."

Jungkook tilted his head slightly at that in confusion while Hoseok gave Taehyung an annoyed look as he mouthed 'what the hell?' to him. Taehyung was going to respond discreetly but mistakenly spoke a little louder that Jungkook heard it clearly when Taehyung spoke.

"What? I'm not lying. You practically gave it to him."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at that but remained quiet as he expected Taehyung to spill the beans because he seemed to be going on that track already. Hoseok glared at Taehyung for exposing them since it didn't matter to whisper anymore.

"Yah! I didn't. Shut up."

Taehyung became a little furious at that instead of taking the hint.

"Are you calling me a liar? What do you mean you didn't? You gave it to him when he found us in the wardrobe."

Hoseok bit his lips harshly as he glared even more at Taehyung while hoping that Jungkook doesn't turn out to be an actual killer or else they both would be dead. Jungkook took the opportunity to slyly ask Taehyung the next thing he wanted to know.

"Why were you in the closet?"

Taehyung had forgotten about Jungkook due to his little one-sided face off with Hoseok, so he was taken aback at the sudden interference and responded without thinking.

"Oh, we were hiding from you because we put you under the shower to wake you up."

Jungkook smirked slightly at how easily Taehyung was manipulated but didn't show it much yet since he needed more answers. Hoseok face palmed and sat on the bed in defeat before looking up at Taehyung in disappointment and whispering.

"I really want to bury you right now."

Taehyung blinked at him innocently before he frowned.

"Why? What did I do? I'm just telling the truth."

Hoseok lost it at that and threw a pillow at him which hit Taehyung square in the face.

"You weren't suppose to tell the truth to him."

Taehyung followed Hoseok's sudden jerk of arm and saw a smug smirk plastered on Jungkook's face.

"Oh. Oops?"

Taehyung giggled nervously at both of the guys staring at him, one with anger and other with superiority.

"Um, I just. It's that-"

Jungkook spared him the effort and cut him off.

"You already put it all out neatly for me so there's no need to cover it up now. Why don't you tell the remaining part as well now, hm?"

Jungkook walked over as he spoke and sat next to Hoseok putting an arm around his shoulders, making him hitch his breath. Taehyung watched them exchange weird smiles and fiddled with his gown wondering what to do. Seeing the content look on Jungkook's face he knew he had no choice so he sighed in defeat.

"It was a mistake, okay. You got here by mistake."

It was obvious that Jungkook wasn't buying that so he raised his eyebrows and leaned forward removing his hand from Hoseok. Hoseok took the opportunity and scooted away from Jungkook while Taehyung watched them nervously.

"Please explain."

Taehyung bit his lip but Hoseok grit his teeth for the stupidity of his friend that got them in this situation.

"Yeah Tae. Why don't you explain it to him how the mistake took place? Don't forget to tell the truth."

Hoseok emphasized the last word mockingly on purpose and Taehyung shot him an apologetic look before clearing his throat while Jungkook sat there getting amused by the situation. Taehyung's eyes darted between the two guys sitting in front of him before he closed them and took in a deep breath only to let the dam of words break out in the next second.

"We.Went.To.A.Party.Where.I.Got.Drunk.And.Hobi.Was.Taking.Me.Home.But.Then.I.Saw.You.In.The.Bunny.Costume.On.Our.Way.Home.And.I.Was.Hammered.Shitless.And.I.Thought.You.Were.A.Real.Bunny.And.I.Wanted.To.Take.You.With.Me.Because.I.Love.Rabbits.And.So.We.Brought.You.Home.It.Happened.Because.I.Was.Drunk.As.Fuck.And.I'm.Sorry.For.That."

Taehyung finished and took in another deep breath since he lost it all in that previous sentence while Jungkook and Hoseok gawked at him for the ability to pull that off.

"That was amazing, Tae."

Hoseok complimented on his friend's new found talent and earned a sudden flash of box smile but when Taehyung's eyes shifted to Jungkook's the smile disappeared as fast as it had appeared because Jungkook was looking at him with a poker face making Taehyung even more nervous. Hoseok glanced slightly at Jungkook as well as him and Taehyung waited for Jungkook to say something. After a few more seconds passed both guys were sure that Jungkook was pissed at them and were expecting violence from him any moment now causing them to hold their breaths as they waited.

"Can you repeat that? I didn't get anything except for a few words."

Jungkook finally spoke up and Taehyung's knees gave in, landing him on the floor with a thud as he let go of his held in breath, while Hoseok fell on his back as he unintentionally burst out laughing. Jungkook looked between the two of them with confusion at the huge difference in reactions to his words still unaware about what was the element in his response that could make the other two do what they did.

"What? What did I miss? What's wrong?"

Jungkook looked extremely confused but Hoseok still took his time and when he stopped laughing he sat back up to look at Jungkook apologetically.

"It's nothing."

Jungkook knitted his eyebrows at him and made a disgruntled face.

"You know I'm kind of getting pissed because I'm still unaware of who you two are and why I'm here? Plus I need to sleep because I've been awake for five days straight. So please don't agitate me further and get me out of this mess or I might do something that I wouldn't be able to take back."

The slight jolliness in the air that came with Hoseok's laughter died mercilessly and a cold shiver ran down two spines. Hoseok slowly straightened up as he cleared his throat and scooted even further such that he was at the head of the bed now while Taehyung silently stood back up and moved closer to Hoseok for shelter.

Jungkook watched the two of them cower from him and even though he had long ago made a decision that those two weren't harmful by the way they were treating each other, he still kept the tough demeanor to intimidate them just for enjoyment. After all, having a little fun like this with friendly strangers was much better than going to his lonely apartment and spending seven days in solitude. Plus the free food and free entertainment, it was decent offer by fate and he wasn't really up for giving it away.

************************************