12

That was one time occurrence and was soon to be forgotten as Taehyung and Hoseok got busy with their own lives while Jungkook and Jin with their own. Jungkook kept the job at the toy store and joined again after the week was over. He was given a huge lecture by Jin about sleeping outside the house and its consequences about which he promised to be more careful next time.

It was about a few months later near christmas that Jungkook decided to work at another toy store in a night shift since he would get free at around six pm from the previous toy store. He would pose as a bunny mascot during the day and as Santa during the night. The pay was well enough for his own expenses since he was living alone after his brother bought an apartment of his own.

On the christmas eve, Jungkook was ready to be showered with kids as he dressed up in the red costume and put on the white beard. He placed the cap loosely on his head and looked in the mirror to see if it was good enough of an appearance. He raised one hand and mustered the deepest voice he could bring out.

"Ho Ho Ho~ and what the fuck am I doing?"

Jungkook shook his head as he walked away from the mirror in embarrassment and towards the stall with a sign saying "Santa is Here Kids!" in bright red and white. He took in a deep breath and walked to his seat to sit and smile widely as children lost their shit in front of him as soon as they saw Santa.

"If I live today, I won't do this next year."

Jungkook mumbled to himself as he saw kids running towards him and gathering around. He held the little girl in front of him by her waist and pulled her up to sit her on his thigh.

"Ho Ho Ho~ what's your name cute one?"

The girl giggled as she poked the belly of Santa and answered.

"Ji Eun Tak."

Jungkook patted her head and asked.

"Have you been a good girl this year, Eun tak-ah?"

The little girl thought for a while before nodding enthusiastically.

"Yes, I have. I helped mommy with the laundry once and I gave money for charity today."

Jungkook stroked his white beard at that and hummed.

"Those are very good things you did. Now tell me, what is your wish, Eun tak-ah?"

The girl looked towards her parents as she giggled and reached up to whisper in Santa's ear. Jungkook leaned down for her ease and listened to her.

"I want mommy and daddy to stop fighting."

Jungkook's eyes softened at that but he kept his smile in place. The girl pulled back and hopped off his thigh before skipping to her parents who bowed slightly to Jungkook and left with their daughter. For a second, Jungkook was sentimental but then he shrugged it off with the thought that it wasn't his problem. He was just doing his job of listening.

The crowd of kids didn't seem to lessen at all even after he had listened to 'millions of kids'. Jungkook glanced at the huge clock hanging a little further from where he was sitting and sighed tiredly. It was near midnight now and he hadn't been able to move from his spot at all. His butt was hurting now, his body was slightly sore and he really needed to eat, drink, pee and fart. But with all the eyes on him he had to hold all the desires in until he was off. Each passing second made him regret taking up this job but the pay was way too alluring that he couldn't give up now.

Around two am, Jungkook finally got the permission to get up. He stretched like he never stretched before, yawned like he never yawned before and finally rubbed his butt which seemed to have lost its curves and was flat by now. He quickly ran to the bathroom after stretching as he got reminded by his bladder that he was late on his due time and would wet his costume if he delayed anymore. After getting free of extra load he felt refreshed as he came out of the bathroom and walked over to his spot to clean the things the kids had thrown there, before he would leave.