16

Jungkook shook his head at that and asked.

"How can you mistake her for his girlfriend, though? Siblings look somewhat similar and don't act like lovers at all."

Taehyung lifted his head up and looked at Jungkook with sad eyes trying to melt Jungkook, in which he succeeded a bit but he was too busy regretting his decision that he didn't notice it.

"Well, I just.. *sigh* I didn't think about that."

Jungkook resisted the urge to roll his eyes and mumbled.

"Of course, you didn't."

Taehyung heard it but decided to stay quiet since he knew that he was at fault here and had no right to defend himself. But he still had his right to regret, whine and curse himself so he did just that. Jungkook eyed him weirdly as Taehyung mumbled to himself in an unknown language.

"Shouldn't you go and apologize to him instead of crying?"

Taehyung looked up at him again with a pout and Jungkook had to blink a few times to refrain himself from cupping Taehyung's cute face.

"I tried but it didnt work out."

Jungkook grit his teeth as Taehyung, once again, gave him a very vague answer leaving him no choice but to ask for what happened next. But this was going to continue if he didn't stop it so as per priority, Jungkook decided to make it clear what he's not comfortable with, first.

"Can you tell me the whole thing without having me to ask you? It's really getting on my nerves."

Taehyung opened his mouth to retaliate but then closed it without saying anything and nodded. Instead, he straightened up and faced Jungkook before starting.

"A few days back I saw Hobi's boyfriend, Yoongi, buying a necklace for someone. I thought it was for Hobi so I was about to text him that he should be ready for a surprise but before I could do that a girl came out from behind the stall and stood next to Yoongi. Yoongi smiled at her and put the necklace around her neck. She giggled and hugged him for that. They looked so in relationship that I thought they are dating. I didn't wait to confirm and instead I took a picture of them before I quickly ran to Hobi and told him what I saw."

Taehyung stopped to look down at his hands as he pouted.

"He didn't believe me at first but I was so sure that I convinced him and he went to meet Yoongi later that night. Hobi broke up with him without listening to his defense and locked himself in his room for the entire night. What's worse is that when Hobi didn't respond to his calls, Yoongi called me to tell me that he was out with his sister and Hobi had mistaken her for his girlfriend and broke up with him. That's when I found out the truth. Yoongi came to his house and spent the night outside his door because Hobi wasn't opening up."

Taehyung sighed as his body slouched as much as possible and finally giving up he fell on his back on the bed covering his face. Jungkook felt like he was playing Santa again as he listened silently even though he had no interest, whatsoever. But to keep the conversation going he still spoke up.

"So, how did you two fight, then?"

Taehyung removed his hands from his face as he sighed heavily and stared at the ceiling.

"That's the thing. Yoongi told him about the actual situation and even brought his sister to meet him as a proof. When Hobi found out he was so pissed at me because I made this all happen and now he won't talk to me. I even went to apologize and explain that I only thought about his well-being but he was ready to kill me."

Taehyung suddenly sat up and stopped only inches away from Jungkook's face making the other blink thrice in shock.

"Tell me, Jungkook. Did I really do something that wrong?"

Taehyung spoke softly and Jungkook gulped trying to keep a straight face.

"Am I really that wrong here? I was just worried about him and did what I thought was right. Why was I kicked out of my apartment for that reason? Is it wrong to care about your best friend?"

Taehyung inched closer with every sentence he whispered and Jungkook was forced to back away slightly. Wondering where the situation was going, Jungkook cleared his throat to hint Taehyung that he was too close and talking too seductively instead of worriedly but it didn't seem to work. Jungkook realized he needed words before something else happened.

"Aren't you too close?"

Taehyung slowly blinked once as his pout came again and he nodded keeping his eyes fixed on Jungkook's suspecting ones.

"We are. We're very close. We have been best friends for five years now."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the irrelevant answer and tilted his head. Taehyung was still inching forward and now Jungkook felt the need to put him to a stop physically. So, he held Taehyung by his shoulders and pushed him back careful not to tilt the glass in his hand and straightened his own back which was leaned back a lot.

"I meant, you were too close to me while talking."

Taehyung came out of the momentary trance and nodded knowingly, although, it didn't bother him since Hoseok was on his mind at the moment. Jungkook cleared his throat once again and sipped his juice to wet his throat which was a little too dry without a reason.

Taehyung's eyes traveled to the object in Jungkook's hand and he stared at his glass remembering that he hadn't eaten anything yet making him lick his lips. Jungkook, unfortunately, looked at him and saw the gesture which made him stare at the tongue coming out to wet the lips and then going back in. He could clearly remember every single time Taehyung had done that until now because it made Jungkook stare at his tongue each time. Taehyung being oblivious of the other's stare kept his eyes glued to the glass and gulped his spit.

"Can I have a sip?"

He asked in a whisper as if the glass will break if he spoke louder and Jungkook slowly pushed the glass towards him mumbling to himself.

"What the hell is happening all of a sudden?"

Taehyung's face brightened up as he took the glass and downed it in one go ignoring Jungkook's murmur. Jungkook saw Taehyung's Adam's apple move with every gulp and felt the temperature rising all of a sudden, so he stood up to walk around and get his train of thoughts on track which he didn't understand how it got off in the first place. Taehyung watched Jungkook roam around and bit his lip as he questioned himself if he should or shouldn't ask for breakfast from Jungkook but Jungkook beat him to it.

"I'm going out for breakfast."

Taehyung was left hanging with that as he watched Jungkook quickly grab a few things and walking out. He sat there for a while before realizing that if Jungkook wasn't going to be there then he won't be getting anything to eat on his own. So he quickly got up and rushed to wash his face before running after Jungkook whom he found walking down the street casually. Taehyung ran after him to catch up since Jungkook would be getting him free breakfast whether he wanted to or not because Taehyung didn't have any money on him at the moment.

Taehyung caught up with Jungkook soon and slung an arm over the other's shoulder earning a bewildered look from Jungkook.

"Let's go eat together."

Taehyung announced cheerfully as he dragged Jungkook along, forgetting about Hoseok for the meantime. Jungkook quietly let himself be dragged as he tried to keep his gut feeling in control with Taehyung so close to him because of one particular thought running through his mind.

/This is the fourth time in total that we are pressed to each other. God, help me keep control on myself./

************************************