17

The money for breakfast was indeed paid by Jungkook, albeit begrudgingly, while Taehyung happily stuffed his tummy despite the other's glaring. Jungkook was more than ready to bid farewell by now but Taehyung had other plans.

"Give me your phone."

On an instinct, Jungkook protectively pressed his device to his chest and shook his head.

"No way. Why should I?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes and tried to snatch it from him while ignoring the childish behaviour of the other male.

"Just.. Give it to me."

Jungkook pulled his hand up in the air out of Taehyung's reach and it made the blonde scowl as he made an effort to reach it by standing on his toes but still failed. Their breaths were blowing on each other's face but neither wanted to notice it for a moment. Taehyung finally huffed as he pushed Jungkook's chest in anger, although it didn't have any effect except for making him laugh which infuriated Taehyung more.

"Is my princess mad at me~?"

Jungkook cooed and Taehyung reflected his anger by kicking Jungkook's shin before turning away to leave with final compliment.

"Fucking bastard."

Jungkook laughed again as he saw Taehyung stomping away and debated with himself if he should go after him or not. He didn't have to think much since Taehyung came back on his own and stopped a few feet away. He took in a deep breath to swallow his pride before talking.

"Look, Hobi won't pick up my calls so let me use your phone."

Jungkook chuckled at that and crossed his arms on his chest.

"You could've said it like that sooner, you know."

Taehyung bit his tongue to stop himself from insulting Jungkook since he needed help from the coconut head in front of him and waited with open palm until Jungkook placed his device in Taehyung's hand. Taehyung quickly typed Hoseok's number and handed it to Jungkook after touching the dial icon.

"Here. Talk to him for me."

The bell rang once as Jungkook shook his head vigorously after seeing the call dialed and tried to give the phone back to Taehyung while harshly whispering.

"No way. It's your problem, not mine. I'm not getting involved."

The second bell rang and Taehyung forcefully pushed the device to keep it close to Jungkook's face.

"He won't talk if it's me. So you have to do it for me."

The two of them were mumbling and whispering when the call was answered after the third bell and they both froze.

"Hello."

Neither spoke.

"Hello?"

Taehyung mouthed 'Talk' to Jungkook but got a strong denial in response.

"Hello~"

Taehyung couldn't think of any other way to make Jungkook talk so he went for the emergency method and kicked Jungkook in his balls. But not too hard, just enough to make him use his voice which he did as he bent immediately.

"Fuck!"

Taehyung pressed his lips to stop himself from laughing as he kept the phone close to Jungkook's face since the other had lost his grip on it.

"Are you alright? Hello? Who is this? Hello!"

Hoseok's concerned voice spoke through the speaker and Jungkook glared up at Taehyung trying to burn him with his gaze while Taehyung just gave him an apologetic box smile while gesturing with his eyes towards the phone in his hand. Jungkook straightened up slowly and snatched the object from Taehyung as he cleared his throat since he had lost the silent contest.