Eve, The Apple of their Eyes

Eve's POV:

My phone rang, I just finished with a meeting. I looked at the screen to see who's calling. I was stunned to see it was Destiny.

"Hello." I answered

"Hi, Eve. Can we meet today?" she asked me.

"Uhm, yeah we can. I just got out of a meeting." I said.

"Okay, I'll meet you at Starbucks near your building." she said

"Okay, see you in a bit." I said.

I went to my office and I called my secretary. She appeared inside my room.

"Yes, Ms. Jimenez?" she asked me

"Arielle, please cancel all of my meetings for the rest of the afternoon, I have to see my best friend's doctor, have them rescheduled."

I said before reaching for my purse

"Okay Ms. Jimenez." she said

I walked out of my office and into the elevator.

Once I got down from it, I walked out of the building and went to Starbucks across the building, I saw Destiny already sitting by the window, she looks as if she was thinking of something. I stopped walking towards her, as I marvel at her beauty.

Everything about her was adorable, I can clearly remember when we started to hang out, she would always buckle me in the front seat, she would always know when I need to let off some steam, all she did, it made me smile. Those things she did, they made me fall in love with her eventually. I shook the memories off and started to walk at her table. She smiled weakly at me.

"Hi, let me just order my drink, I'll be right back." I said

"No, I already ordered for you. Grande, White Mocha and a slice of their Blueberry Cheesecake?" she answered as if checking if it was still my favorites.

I nodded at her as I take a seat.

She pushed in front of me the plate and cup of coffee.

"You remembered." I smiled softly at her.

"Yeah, I have never forgotten." she said calmly

"So, how are you?" I asked her

"I'm quite good." she answered while taking a sip from her brewed coffee

"I quit from my job at the asylum today, because my girlfriend Kate, wanted me to work for their company."

She added and I took a bite off my cheesecake.

"So, you and her finally together for real."

"Yes. I want to thank you for making me realize about how I felt for her."

I smiled at her weakly.

"I wanted to Thank you too, for faithfully loving me all these years, though I did some stupid things."

I said to her

"That's all right."

She answered and smiled at me, the genuine smile I know of.

"I am happy you are back to your old self. Even if I am not the reason behind those smile of yours."

"Eve, I am sorry if I didn't gave you a chance. But I want you to know that, I am thankful for your patience specially the past few days."

She smiled.

"So, how did we get here?" I asked her

*****Flashback******