Truth about us

Destiny's POV:

Kate looked at me as we sat with our friends, Our parents had already left. I feel like she didn't want to have this conversation. So, I held her hand and squeezed it to let her know I'll do the talking and explaining. I looked at the three from the gang that didn't know anything. But was eagerly waiting for us to speak.

"To answer the question, this is what happened all this time." I started to tell them.

I heaved a sigh, it was now Kate who squeezed my hand tight egging me to continue.

"You guys already know that she loves me, ever since the first day we met. So I'll skip that part." I let out a soft chuckle.

They nodded at me.

"6th year in med school, I finally admitted to myself that I love her too, she didn't know it yet. The first I told where my parents and my then dead ex-girlfriend Solenn who happens to look a lot like Eve which might explain why I went cuckoo over her." I chuckled again.

"We had sex, Kate and I a week after. A few days later, we went out with you guys at a bar. I was drinking and flirting with other girls, that night. Because I was stupid. But when she walked out and left, I chased after her. I told her we are fuck buddies. She didn't say anything. So that set up went on until 3 weeks ago. When I realized that I don't have feelings for Eve anymore, that I am free and ready to love Kate." I ended it there, I didn't want to elaborate what happened to us.

"Whoa! You guys had sex and became fuck buddies?" Kathrina spoke

I could only nod and Kate was burrowing her face in my neck out of shame.

"No wonder Kate always looked blooming." Aldrich and Sally said.

"Guys, stop embarassing my fiance!" I admonished them.

They all laughed and teased us some more. We drank a few more bottles of wine. I stopped with my second glass, because I'll be driving us home. It was 2:30 a.m. when we all decided to go home.

The ride home was filled with silence. She was looking out at the window and smiling like crazy. I let out a chuckle.

"You can't believe I did that finally?" I asked her.

"Yeah, still can't believe it babe. Your song was perfect, the lights, the fireworks most especially our photos and the place."

"I still can't believe you said yes." I smiled at her

"Even if you didn't do that, I would still say yes, even if you asked me in a landfill, I'd still say yes."

"Babe, your mom's message, that was so sweet of her."

"I know, babe. She always films herself, either singing or giving me messages. The last that I got was when I was 18. She died a few months before I turned 18." She says with tears in her eyes.

"Hush, babe... Please?" I said. But she couldn't. So I parked the car outside a Mcdonald's store. 

I unbuckled myself and opened her door, I removed her seat belt and hugged her. I held her tightly, nothing could ever take away her pain, I try as best as I could to make her feel I am with her now. There was just us and she will never be alone again. In the comfortable silence of the night, we held each other in this empty parking lot. It seemed silly but at that moment, I have never felt so happy and contented. She'll always be the constant in my life. 

"I'm sorry babe, if only I can take away your pain, I would. I'm here now. You don't have to feel alone anymore." I held her closer to me, my hand stroking her back as she let out her tears. Once she had stopped crying, I smiled at her.