Seventh Month

It has been Seven Months since I proposed to Kate, we are getting ready to fly to Italy. In two weeks we will get married. I couldn't be more happy. Kate has been handling all the details together with my Mom. I look at her right now as she gets ready for her meeting, we're in the office. One final meeting before we fly to Italy. Tomorrow we will be on leave, to personally handle the marriage licenses and other things we needed to get. She looks at me and smiles. 

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" She says as she prepares for the next meeting.

"Just, can't believe we're finally getting married in two weeks. I've got the book done." 

"We will get married soon, no one's stopping us babe." She smiled at me as she sits on my lap.

"I know, no one will. I just can't stop thinking about you, what if you change your mind?" I admitted to her.

"Shhh... You're always thinking negatively. I would never do that. You know me, babe. I'd fight death for you." She said to me reassuringly. I closed my eyes as I can feel my head ache slowly creeping up on me. I felt her kiss my lips, I responded with equal intensity. Strong and full of longing and desire.

Once we pulled apart, she whispers in my ear.

"I have to go to my meeting. I'll make it quick." I opened my eyes and looked her in the eye.

"Do you really have to go alone?" I asked her.

"Yes, babe. I really do." I sighed 

"Let me drop you off the board room." I smiled at her.

"Alright. Let's go." She says as she stands up and gets her laptop on top of her table.

I reached for the laptop and held her body close to mine. I love walking with her close to me, it helps me clear my doubts and fears. She intertwines her hand into mine as we walked to the board room. Once in front of the board room, I kissed the top of her head. 

"I'll wait in the office. I need to do some final email replies." I smiled at her.

"Alright. Last meeting for the day." she smiled

"Good luck, babe." I cheered her on to which she chuckles at my statement.

"Silly, these people need all the luck in the world to get me to agree." 

I shook my head and chuckled a little.

"The princess is back to her throne." I hugged her tight and sends her in the room. 

She opens the door and gets in. She smiled at me before she closed the door. 

I smiled back at her and I continued to walk back to our room.

I sat at my table and has been sending out replies when our secretary Louis popped her head in and called my attention.

"Doctor Valerio, we have Eve Jimenez waiting for you, outside. Should I let her in?" She asked me.

I looked at her surprised, not knowing what to do and why she is here. We haven't spoken for 7 Months now.

"Uhm. Yeah, please send her in." I replied to Louis. 

She smiles and goes back outside, I resumed with the last email I was working on. I polished the email and hit the send button. After a few moments, the door opened and Eve was ushered in. I looked up from my computer and smiled at her.

"Hey, Eve. It's been quite sometime. Please have a seat." I motioned for her to sit down at the couch. 

"Hey, D. Yeah it's been quite a while." She said with a smile on her face she sat at the couch as I made my way to her.