Downfall

Eve's POV:

It was a few days ago, since I pushed Destiny away. I didn't want her to hear my story. To take pity on me. I brought this to myself and I will have to face it. She was kind enough to recommend me to another Doctor. Her name is Doctor Ariana Butera - Peters. I assume she is one of her friends from god knows where. I didn't protest. I was in her clinic now, waiting for my turn to be called. A few minutes later, her secretary called me and ushered me in her office.

She smiled at me the moment the door closed, she stood from her desk and held out her hand.

"Hello, Miss Eve Jimenez. I am Doctor Ariana Butera - Peters." She smiled at me

I shook her hand and smiled at her. "Hello Doctor, you may call me Eve. I'm afraid Miss Eve Jimenez is too formal."

"I see, okay Eve. Please have a seat. Can I get you anything?" She says

"No, no. I'm good Doctor." I said

"Okay." Was all she said and sat across me with her note book and pen in hand.

I was looking around her office, I saw a wedding photo of her and her partner. I couldn't believe that she's married to a woman.

"Yes, Eve. She's my beautiful wife. Rachel Peters." She smiled as she looks at where I was looking.

"You two look lovely together." I said in all honesty.

"That's what people say. So, can you tell me why Destiny had to recommend me as your Doctor?"

"Well, I am ashamed of her to hear all that I've done with my life. I also think that my feelings for her is becoming a hindrance for me to tell the whole story of how I got to this point." I answered her honestly.

"Eve, I will be your friend. I will listen and not judge you. I hope you understand that." She smiles at me

"I do. Uhm.. So, are you friends with Destiny?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes, college friends. She was introduced to us by our friend Kate, I assume you've met her already. I am best friends with Kate as well as my lovely wife."

"I see. I hope you don't mind if I asked a little more about Destiny."

"I don't mind Eve." She smiled

"How was she back in Northshore?" I asked her

"She was not doing great, we would always have to stop her from her excessive drinking and when she's drunk she would always call your name. If she was sober, she'd flirt with other girls, she must have had hundreds of flings over the last 10 years. At first, when Kate told us that she loves Destiny, we were against the idea, you know how friends look out for each other, but she's our princess, all she wants she gets." She chuckled

"I see." was all I could say.

"But, that's all in the past Eve." She smiles yet again and I just nodded.

"I'm ready to talk now Doctor." I smiled at her.

"Call me Ari. So far, what I know is you were Destiny's Eve, I've read from your file the Two Murders you've committed, one was your boss and another a client. I also know that this may have been triggered because of your Dad leaving your Mom for another woman and a similar instance happened with your best friend Shane Aquino." She said and smiled at me

"Yes, Ari. I don't know how it happened really, I get carried away because of the Jazz music we were listening to or there are times when I space out and before I know it, I was already done stabbing them."

"Okay Eve, is it okay if you undergo some tests? So we can find out what we are working with?" Ari asked me

"Yeah, sure. sure." I answered. She got up from her chair and returned to her desk. She pulls out sheets of paper. She goes back to her chair and hands me the sheets of paper.