Letting you go

Eve's POV:

After Destiny left, Brian emerged from the building. He saw me standing at the smoking area. He approached me and smiled. 

"Hey, are you alright? Where's Destiny?" He asked me

"I asked her to leave. I can't let her hear my confessions." I answered him.

"Eve, Destiny only wanted to help you, that is why she agreed to do this." He said.

"I know Brian, but I have feelings for her. So, I don't want her to bother with me anymore, especially now that she's happy and in love with Kate." 

"Come, let's talk about this over lunch, I'll treat you." He smiled at me

While he drags me to his car, he opens the door for me. He alights the driver's seat and started the ignition. 

"Eve, I'm really sorry if I haven't been honest with you all these time." Brian confessed.

"What do you mean Brian?" I asked

"Remember when you asked me, where Destiny has gone to, I said I didn't know." 

"Yeah." I answered

"I knew all along, but at the time, I believe she wasn't right for you. I felt like she isn't ready to let go of her first love, Solenn. I didn't want her to hurt you." 

"Solenn, tell me about Solenn." I asked him.

"Solenn, looks just like you. I'm sure she already showed you her photo." 

"Yeah she did earlier today." 

"She was her first love. It was back when we were in pre-school at the time, Destiny handed Solenn a Valentine Card. She told Solenn that she loves her." He chuckled

"Solenn at first told the teacher, which tipped off Destiny's parents. Good thing they were loving and accepting parents." He added

"Kinder until 2nd Grade, Destiny didn't stop giving Solenn the attention. As time went by, Solenn finally gave her yes to Destiny on our 2nd Grade." 

"They were my best friends, so I agreed to be Solenn's beard, because her parents are Catholics, they believe that their love is against the Lord's will. For a while, they believed I was Solenn's boyfriend. Until Solenn got caught, her Mother got a hold of her Cellphone one time. Since there were no pass codes yet at the time,  she saw Destiny's Messages to Solenn. Her parents were furious, they would transfer her the following school year to a different school."

"What happened?" I asked

"Solenn, didn't have the strength to tell Destiny what was going on at home, we hanged out in the middle of the summer break. The last time, she laughed so much at Destiny's corny jokes. The night as we parted ways, all three of us, she smiled and hugged us. She whispered her I love you to Destiny. She have sent us separate emails in the morning at 10 AM, saying she's already dead. At first we didn't believe, how could she right? We found out later on that she used a new website where you can schedule emails to be sent out in the future." 

"She slashed her wrists, multiple deep cuts. She bled herself out while every one was asleep. In the morning, it was the maids who found her, lifeless. She didn't leave any email or note for her parents, she made us promise on her email that we won't tell her parents the reason, because she didn't want Destiny to be blamed. But of course, Destiny was forbidden and accused of killing her, they said they will press charges against her, if she comes near their daughter. My heart ached for them both. So after every one has left the cemetery, I brought Destiny to her grave. She cried and cried until there was no more tears she could cry. I can only hug her. But I couldn't take away her pain. She didn't need to be told either."