Chapter 33

Note: The comment section wasn't related to this chapter now (February 21, 2023)

-----------------------------

Two days passed, and still no trace and update. She felt like Renzo was going to blame her for everything! It has been almost a week since their son went missing. She can't even think right and started to have nightmares and hallucinations. She hallucinated about Renzo blaming and hurting her for their missing child. 

"Mahal." Her soon-to-be husband entered the balcony where she is sitting while breastfeeding her son. 

She didn't notice her soon-to-be husband's presence.

Halos nakatulala na siya sa kawalan. 

He noticed her changes so he started to get worried about his fiancee. "Mahal..." he called her again.

Still ignored.

He walked toward her and stood in front of her. Finally, she noticed her fiance's presence and smiled slightly to hide the pain.

She started thinking about what would happen to her if they didn't see their son. Could she still stay or take her son away from her after being negligent to their son?

"I know it is hard for you. I am here, Zy. You are not alone."

She just nodded.

"Y...Yeah." 

He doesn't want her to feel like she needs to be blamed for what happened to their son. No one should be blamed for this kidnapping! But whenever he looked at her, he saw how wretched his fiancee was. He felt like she blamed herself for everything, as a father and lover he was doing his best to make everything alright and wanted his fiancee to smile again. He could feel her pain as a parent. She, being a mother of their children, if something bad happened to their children, it broke their hearts.

"H-Have you eaten?" she asked him.

He nodded. "I ate before I went here."

He noticed her smile, it was forced. "Is there anything wrong?"

Her eyes started to get watery as she was looking at her son. "Mahal... please, tell me if there is something wrong," he begged.

"Alam mo yun, mahal? Sobra akong happy kasi... nandyan ka, sinusupportahan ako, diba? Tapos ano, ang perfect mo sobra, kasi you doing your best as a father to them, and being a good fiance to me, you always put effort for this family you built with. Then ano... basta you did you best tapos ito ako, simpleng pagbabantay sa kanila Hindi ko magawa." then tears began to fall into her eyes.

Her fiance felt broken as he saw her again crying and blaming herself for what had happened to their son. His fist clenched as he felt wrath towards the kidnappers. He promised himself that if he found the people behind this kidnapping will never be free again.

ZYRIL'S POV 

I saw his fist clenched and I got nervous. I could still remember his voice, his words–nung tumawag siya sa akin.

"Hello–"

"This is all your fault! I am sick and tired of you! You have never been good enough!"

He said before he ended the call.

Everything is my fault.

I should be blamed for this.