Chapter 35

Author's Note: The comments from then until 2022 are not related anymore to this current part, edited on Feb 24, 2023.

_____

ZYRIL's POV

"Ang ganda mo talaga."

"I know right."

"Gaga, hindi ikaw." At umirap pa saking ang bakla.

I rolled my eyes too and shook my head at him. "Maganda pa rin ako. Maganda siya, maganda rin ako. Hindi ba?" tanong ko sa akin anak na nasa harap ng salamin habang inaayusan ko siya ng buhok.

She nodded her head and giggled as she looked at my reflection. "Yes, Mommy! I got your beauty!" then she pouted and made her hands as letter V and placed it on her chin, as a sign she is beautiful.

"Ang cute cute talaga ng baby namin."

"Thank you, Tita Kevin." Then she beamed, sweetly.

I hugged my baby and kissed her multiple times on her cheeks and that made her giggle and chuckle, "Mommy!"

I stopped and asked, "Sinong cute na baby?" While looking at her reflection.

She looked at me so I looked at her too with a smile. "Me!" she answered.

"Manang-mana sakin!" At saka ko siya binigyan ng maraming halik sa mukha niya na ikinatuwa niya.

"It's tickling!"

I stopped kissing her and stared at her for a while. Her eyes were so mesmerizing and I couldn't handle but smiled. Even though she got my eyes, I was still able to see her as her father's female version. All of my children just like their father's image, halos kamukhang-kamukha niya 'yung tatlo at halos 'di maitanggi.

What if I didn't run away?

What if I didn't follow her commands?

Masaya kaya kami? Tahimik kaya buhay namin?

Musta na kaya sila? Sana inaasikaso sila ng maayos.

"Mom? What are you thinking?"

I beamed at her as I went back into reality. "Ang ganda mo." sabi ko.

Kita ko sa mata niya ang saya sa sinabi ko. "Thank you. I love you, mommy." Then she hugged me.

Bakit ang sweet ng anak ko? Parang nakuha niya sweetness ng tatay niya.

"I love you too."

"Okay na kayo?" Biglang singit ni Kevin. "Nakakaloka yung kachat ko, may chika agad." sabi niya habang pinapasok sa kanyang hand bag ang kanyang cellphone.

"I'll chika later. Aalis na tayo." aya niya.

Tumingin ako sa anak ko. "Let's go."

Tumayo kami at hiwakan ang anak ko sa kamay. "Where are we going po ba?" my daughter asked as I held our suitcase.

"We're going back to your mom's home country!" masiglang sagot ni Bakla.

"Yehey! We're going to the Philippines! We're going to Mommy's home country!" masayang sabi ni Laurrea.

My daughter was born here in California. She also started her pre-kindergarten here but I want to go back to the Philippines. Even though it scares me about the past that I buried there, I am willing to ignore it just for the sake of seeing my children. I missed them so much, it's fine for me to look at them from afar, basta masilayan ko sila, masaya na ako.

Pero if I will be given a chance to talk and have quality time with them? Why not?

But it's impossible, they already have a perfect-look-mother.