Chap. 1

Thank you AnjaliDedha5 for this beautiful book trailer. Guys, I'm gonna have to ask you for a huge favor. Portray Julian (Nick Jonas) as Alex Pettyfer (who's supposed to be Mario). This sucks, I know, but I can't change the cast because of all the character descriptions I've already applied to this book. So bear with me here and enjoy :)

I hate living.

Why should I waste my time on learning how to live my life blissfully and freely when my overprotective older brothers constantly watch every step I take? All they basically do is control my love life. Especially Mario.

Not to be dramatic or anything but sometimes I feel like there's no point in craving to live a life like mine. Yes, because of some of my brothers.

"Morning, Suz," I pull up a somewhat bright smile at Suzanne - the housekeeper, cook, and nanny that has been working and living in our modern mansion ever since my oldest brother, Mark, came to life.

"Morning, Kylie," she smiles back as she hands me my typical mug filled with creamed cappuccino. "How was your night?"

Sorrowfully shitty and wretched, just like the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And...

You get my point here.

"Good," I say instead, hiding my blues with my petite disingenuous smile. "And how was yours?" I take a slow sip of my cappuccino after sitting on a barstool of the long tiled counter.

"Oh, wonderful." Her ocean-blue eyes twinkle, highlighting her beautiful black hair that's been pulled up to a neat bun. She places a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon in front of me and I close my eyes to appreciate the good scent.

At least food makes me happy.

"Has dad arrived yet?" I ask before dragging a spoonful of Greek natural yogurt into my mouth.

She shakes her head and then presses on one of the buttons of the intercom to call my brothers. Monday morning and they are still not up.

Definitely not a shocker.

"Is Scarlett still not here?" I ask after a couple of moments.

"Thompson informed me that she's outside, waiting for you."

I nod and take the last bite of a single pancake. After quickly finishing the rest of the cappuccino, I hand Suzanne the mug and mutter a low thank you.

"Have a good day, sweetie," she sings as she heads to the sink, humming to what seems like a Disney melody.

After stepping out of the Masterchef-like kitchen through the fire exit - which is closer to the garage - I unlock my Mercedes and climb into it, tossing my backpack onto the backseats. I remove the car from the enormous garage and stop it near my best friend's black Jeep.