Chap. 14

"You may be my boyfriend, but sometimes you're such an oaf

"You may be my boyfriend, but sometimes you're such an oaf." I lean across the booth to slap Julian's arm after hearing his teasing comeback.

"But you like me anyway," he sticks his tongue out at me before handing his menu to the waitress with a fake flirtatious smile on his face.

Oh, I see what he's doing.

The teen waitress curls a piece of her auburn hair behind her ear and sends Julian a seductive smile.

"I'll be right back with your drinks." She shamelessly winks at Julian, causing me to scowl.

Can she not see that he is with someone? Someone better secure me because I'm about to decollate her.

She turns to look at me in disgust, and I clench my teeth. "Why don't you get some class as well? You're definitely in need of it."

Pain and shock cross her face. She abruptly snatches the menu from my hand and struts away with that perfect thin body of hers.

Julian smirks at me, his arm lying on the table as his fingers drum on it. I narrow my eyes at him and he chuckles.

"I always knew you were a badass but did you really have to make her feel like crap?"

"She was flirting with you while I was standing right here!" I defend. "And that's only because you gave her that flirtatious smile of yours."

"What are you talking about?" He coughs.

I lean across the table and smack his arm again. He winces, chuckling. "I love it when you get jealous."

"And I hate it when you're a deliberate ass."

"Yet you're still here with me because no matter how much I annoy you, you'll always dig me."

I sigh, leaning my back on my seat. "Unfortunately, that's true."

"I dig you too, babe."

"I know," I say, pointing down at my body. "I mean, look at me."

"I'm the luckiest boyfriend on earth."

"You sure are, Davis," I nod my head at him, playfully smiling. "You sure are."

"So when will the swimming tournament begin?" He asks after a while, applying his neutral and serious expression.

"Next month." I place my elbow on the table and support my head with my hand.

"Same with the basketball tournament. Do you think they'll occur at the exact time?"

"I don't know. Could happen." I shrug.

"But I want to watch you beat the other competitors," he frowns.

I avert my eyes from our waitress who's approaching our table and look at Julian. "Well, you will, won't you?"

"How? What if the basketball team competes at the same day and time as you guys?"