Chap. 15

"I fucking know, mom!"

"No! You don't know, Mario, because if you had known then you would've never relapsed!"

"But I did relapse, okay?! Get over it."

"How can you seriously expect me to get over it? You're going back to rehab-"

"I don't fucking give a shit."

"Watch your language, Mario."

"I just want to be alone. Leave me alone, mom."

"Mario-"

"Leave. Me. Alone!"

"Get back here! Mario? Mario! Where do you think you're going? Mario!"

I sigh as I open my eyes, releasing my pillows from over my head.

Not even my pillows can stop the yells from crashing into my ears like knives.

I groggily get up from my bed, wear my flip flops and tuck my phone into the pocket of my pj's shorts.

I go to Mario's bedroom and only locate my mother.

Her eyes are bugged out and filled with a river of melancholy.

She begins to pace recklessly, placing one hand on her hip and the other on her forehead.

"Mom," I call groggily, my head still aching a little.

She snaps her head to meet me and wipes her face with one hand. "Did I wake you up, baby?"

I don't think I even made it to twenty minutes of sleep.

"It's fine," I shake my head disregardfully and slowly walk towards her. "Where is he?"

She sniffles. "I'll call his therapist."

"Mom, that'll make things worse."

"Well, what do you want me to do, Kylie?" She snaps, preventing a sob to escape.

"Call dad," I suggest. "He'll deal with him."

She shakes her head, tears exiting her eyes. "He'll let him get away with this."

"Mom," I call, giving her a look.

She sighs, dropping her arm and sliding her phone out of her jeans' pocket. "Go rest, baby. I'm handling this."

"Call dad," I remind her.

"I will," she promises. "Now go."

I make my way out of Mario's untidy bedroom and ignore mom's order, walking through the halls to search for my brother, even though my head is pounding terribly.

"Where is he?" I ask Marvin after going in the kitchen.

He takes a bite of a slice of pizza. "Where is who?"