Chap. 30

"Hey, sweetie! What a surprise," Julian's mom grins after opening the front door for me, her jaw slightly dropped

"Hi, Emma," I smile back. She steps aside to allow me in and I wrap my arms around her soft, thin and warm body. "How have you been feeling?"

"Better." She hugs me back sweetly. "Julian and Wyatt have been taking good care of me."

"Is she here?" I hear Julian's yell disperse from the kitchen.

"Yes," Emma yells over her shoulder before shutting the door behind me and awarding me a smile. "Are you two going out?"

"Out?" I ask, confused. "I thought we were having dinner together?"

She scrunches her eyebrows but soon a happy expression invades her face. "Amazing news. I'll meet you in the kitchen then." She briefly runs her hand down my forearm before heading to her bedroom.

I nod perplexedly as I try to connect the dots.

Julian lied to me.

I angrily storm off to the kitchen, the scent of enticing food rising to my nostrils. I find my boyfriend chopping some vegetables, a smirk lying on his pursed lips. There's a stained blue apron covering the clothes he wore to school this morning.

"Gosh, I sure didn't take you for a liar," I say, crossing my arms over my chest with one of my legs bent forward.

"I had to find a way of bringing you here," he justifies, keeping his sight at the carrot he's currently chopping.

I let out a sigh as I head over to him, my body confident and relaxed as if it's trying to come up with a solution to Julian and I's problems. "Need any help?"

"Since when do you cook?" He plays.

"Don't forget I can easily snatch this knife from your hand and stab you right. Over. Here." I poke the left side of his chest and tilt my head upwards to give him a threatening look, fighting a smile.

He smiles and then surprises me by leaning downwards my face, his sweet breath violating my skin. "I'm presuming this means we're okay?"

I shrug, my eyes keeping heavy stern contact with his. "On one condition."

His alluring lips inch a little bit closer to my own but remain untouched. "And what's that?" It comes out so soft that I even hear a low groan form in his throat.

It's as if he just wants to take me somewhere and possess my lips, while nothing else matters.

"Promise to let me be there for you in any kind of situation." I bite my bottom lip, feeling my own heart flip as if ordering me to just shut up and kiss him.