Chap. 41 - Part I

"Scar, can you make sure the tow line is secure?"

"Just did! Go ahead, you two."

"Awesome," Julian smiles before looking over at me and extending his arm.  "Ready for the ride, babe?"

I use his help to get up. "Uh-huh."

We get onto the tube and hold the handles. After adjusting ourselves, Julian flashes Scarlett a thumbs-up before holding onto the left handle.

"Are you scared?" Julian asks me.

"Just some adrenaline rush."

He puts one leg on top of mine like he always does every time we go tubing, in an attempt to calm me. "Don't forget to enjoy yourself."

I nod, gripping the handles. "Just hope we don't fall."

Scarlett begins to pull the tube with the boat and after a turbulent ten-minute or so ride, we end up having the most epic fall ever. Unharmed, Julian and I break into laughter, along with the guys on the boat.

"You beat last year's record," Ethan comments as we get back onto the boat, water dripping from our bodies.

"We would've done better if Scar hadn't made that crazy turn," Julian chuckles. "But it was amazing! Thanks, Scar."

"Now it's my turn," she says.

"What? I thought you didn't want to."

"Now I do. Julian, mind being the driver?"

"No prob. Just watch out for the surprising, crazy turn. Don't want you beating our record or anything."

"Sure," she rolls her eyes smilingly before hopping onto the tube.

***

"Well, that was some wild adventure, huh?" Mia asks, placing her beach bag on the sofa and plopping down on it.

"You sure it wasn't your midday drinking?" Ethan teases, shutting the door behind him.

"That's strike three, Ethan. If I were you, I'd watch out."

He raises his hands in mock surrender.

"Who's up for sushi?" Julian asks, walking over to the kitchen.

"Me," we all say in unison.

"You're gonna cook 'em?" Ethan asks.

"Nah, I'm gonna order. And while we wait we can go build a campfire. What do you say?"

"You're asking the person who has a broken arm," he smiles sarcastically.

"Scar?" Julian looks at her.

"Yeah, sure. I just need to go shower."

"And me," I say, heading to the first floor.

"I think Mia is also in need of a shower. You guys should help her," Julian says, chuckling.