Chapter 20

Namjoon noticed, "Didn't you know?"
You looked to him with a questioned face.

"Jungkook hasn't been able to work for about a week now. He's sick." Namjoon explained.

"What?! What happened?" You looked worried.
"Great that you're back, though. He won't listen to me, maybe he'll listen to yours. I'll explain later. Let's go." Namjoon opened the door of the cab and you hurriedly hopped in.

"Well, the first year you left him.. *sigh* now, we all know he is a workaholic but still he had principles. He eats well, sleeps well. But it all started to change, he became a major workaholic, he forgets to eat, rarely sleeps and he doesn't go home and wash for like 3-4 days, he just stayed in the office and work. The worst part is he won't listen to me." Namjoon's tone laced with slight anger.

You didn't know any of that, your tears well up, blaming yourself for all of it.

Namjoon patted your shoulders, comforting you.
He sighed, "You leaving.. I guess even Jungkook didn't expect it would affect himself so much too. Then due to stress, fatigue, imbalanced nutrition, his body gave up on him and he just blacked out. We rushed him to the hospital. The doctor said all that he had been doing had led to ulcer, and he had been enduring it all that time."

(A/n: just the story, Jungkook please stay healthy forever 😣🙏)

Your tears started to pour down, "Ho- how is thi- bu- but he looks fine."

"Well, he may look muscular and healthy but he is all broken in the inside. I mean you know how he always pushed himself and torturing himself." Namjoon told.

"And for the past few weeks he was back to that unhealthy lifestyle, well, we did had a lot of overtimes, but Jungkook was always the last one left, or working overnight. I don't know what's he thinking." He sighed.

"This is all my fault, ww-what should I do ~ ~ I kept saying that I don't want him to get hurt because of me, but I still ended up hurting him." You couldn't stop your tears.

"Well, I'm sure you had your reasons too.. but you have to know that he may seem all mature and cool, doesn't care of anything else, that's because it really doesn't matter. But when it comes to those he loves and cares, he could be really stubborn and possessive."

You held in your cries and nodded.

When you arrived, you got your keys, and you notice the door lock had changed to a password one.

"The password is your birthday." Namjoon said.
You giggled, with tears in your eyes, "That's so silly." You sniffed.

Namjoon chuckled too, "I told him it's on Google, but he insisted."

You rushed into your room as soon as you opened the door, and you saw Jungkook wrapped in the blankets, he looked cold.

You gently said his name, "Jungkook-ah~"
He didn't give any response.

You got worried, you patted him over the blankets, and still no response. You shook him real hard, "Wake up!! Jungkook-ah!! Wake up!!"

He squinted his eyes, but the lights were too bright. He hid under the covers, "Sh*t!! Who is it this time?!"

*Sh*t?*
It got into your nerves, there you were getting so worried at him, and his first word to you is sh*t.
You pulled his blanket, "Get up!! We have to go to the hospital, you need to see a doctor!!"

Jungkook's eyes still half open, everything looked blurry, "Hyerin?"

"Hyerin?!" He opened his eyes big and wide, he pulled you sitting on to the bed and hugs you tightly.

"You finally came home." He said as the hugged tighter.

You gently broke the hug, feeling his body heat, you touched his forehead, he's having a fever. Jungkook looked pale and thinner. It made your heart ache. You sniffed, and eyes got watery, "Com'n now, let's go see a doctor."

"No, I don't want to." He whined like a little kid.

You wiped your tears, "Com'n, we'll go with you."

"We? Are they here too? No!! Tell them to get lost, they're so noisy, I don't want to see them. I only want to see you, I was waiting for you." Jungkook looked irritated, sad, and tired as he placed his forehead on top of your shoulders and hands wrapped on your arms.

"What? Who?" You looked to Namjoom.

"He's referring to our female employees, after they knew Jungkook got a divorce and they've been eyeing on him since then. And after they knew Jungkook was sick, they have been coming to visit him."

Jungkook snorted, "I wouldn't consider that as visiting."

Namjoon chuckled, "Jungkook ignored them, but one of them somehow managed to find the spare key, and got in the house. That's why he changed the locks."

You realized why Jungkook's acting like this way, geez those girls are really crazy.

You patted his head, "But still you have to go see a doctor, or else you won't get better."

"Aaaww~ shiro~ (I don't want to) You take care of me." Jungkook aegyo-ed since your really being soft.

Namjoon jawdropped seeing Jungkook whining acting like a kid in front of you.

What has gotten into him, is it the fever?
"Yes, I will take care of you, but we need to go see a doctor first and get your medicine."

"If you're not going, then I'm leaving." Since he was acting like a kid, you treated him like a kid.

"Don't leave! I'll go, but promise not to leave." He pouted waiting for your response.

"I won't. I promise." You gave your word, and Jungkook felt a relief.

Namjoon was giggling inside, to think that he got to see such soft side of Jungkook, after all these years.

You and Namjoon took him to the hospital.

== end chapter ==