Chapter 4

"Harry Styles?" Liam pondered. "Sounds familiar."

It was first period and Liam, Niall, and I had arranged our desks so they were in a circle- well, more like a triangle- since we had a substitute and we weren't really doing anything. Our teacher had left us an assignment to do but no one did it seeing as we were all seniors and no one really cared any more. Instead of doing the 2 page essay on transcendentalism- I don't even know how our teacher expects us to know what that is- I was retelling my experience at the bookstore for Liam. He wasn't there in the morning when I told Luanne so this was his first time hearing about it.

Unlike Luanne who kept interrupting me to squeal or to make a comment at every sentence, Liam kept quiet throughout the story. Until I reached the end where he thought about where he had heard my soul mate's name before.

"Do you know him?" I asked Liam.

He shrugged. "I feel like I know him from somewhere but I'm not sure where." He sighed. "Whatever. He could be from my old school or something, I don't know."

"Maybe he was your lover in a past life," Niall beamed, proud of himself for having thought up that possibility.

I looked at him sitting to my right with his arms crossed and his long legs spread in front of him. "And maybe you were one of Harry's farts in your past life."

Niall laughed at my failed attempt to make fun of him. "You're so lame!" he joked as he caught his breath. "I can't believe that after 10 years of hanging out with me you still can't come up with a proper comeback on the spot."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes at him and turned to Liam. "So, what do you think?" I asked referring to the whole Harry thing. "Think he's a keeper?"

He leaned forward in his chair and crossed his arms on top of the table. "I mean, if you really like him, then sure."

I shook my head at his incapability to give me decent advice. And it wasn't only him. It seemed as if the entire male species couln't give proper opinions on what to do when it comes to relationships. When I had asked Niall about whether I was supposed to kiss Harry the next time I saw him or hold his hand or just do nothing, he said with a serious face, and I quote, "Just suck his dick."

My phone then started to vibrate in my pocket and I was momentarily startled. I wasn't used to people calling me during school; I always keep it on vibrate just in case but it's never a problem since it never rings.

I quickly fished it out of my back pocket after throwing a glance at our substitute to see if he would notice. He was staring intently at something on his computer screen and had headphones in his ears so I decided it would be safe to answer.

Niall and Liam shared a look when they thought I wasn't looking as I hit the green answer button.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone and ducked my head trying my best to hide from the teacher.

"Diana," Harry's deep voice rang out from the phone.

I instantly felt a slight red blush take over my face. I tried to hide my smile from my friends who were staring right at me, making me nervous. "Uh...yeah, hi, it's me."

Wow. How smooth, Diana, I mentally cursed myself. Way to make yourself sound smart.

"Are you busy?" Harry questioned.

"Well..." I looked back at the sub, who still had his attention invested in whatever he was doing on his computer. "I'm kinda in school, so..."

"Oh, sorry," he quickly apologized. "We had a teacher planning day here so I thought you might have had a free day too. Anyway, this'll just take a second," he spoke quickly to not take up much of my time.