Chapter 13

What do people even wear to high school soccer games? Staring at my closet now, I realized that never in my four years of high school have I gone to something like this. I've been to a few dances with Niall, Luanne, and Liam but nothing sports related. I don't care much for sports or social gatherings and I've never been interested in going to one of our school games. Yeah, I know. I have no school spirit. And honestly, if it weren't for Harry, I wouldn't have been standing here for 10 minutes trying to decide what to wear. 

After trying on outfit after outfit, I finally settled on a pair of jean capris and a tank top with a hoodie. I didn't have much choice for a top since I had to hide the bruise anyway. It was taking forever to heal. I just wanted it to fade already. I've been doing a good job in hiding it from people but I was terrified that I'd get careless at one point. 

I checked the time on my phone and headed downstairs. Harry should be here any minute and I didn't want to keep him waiting. I couldn't imagine how he's feeling. I know if I were in his place, I would be pooping my pants out of nerves. 

Just as soon as I sat down on the sofa, someone knocked curtly and loudly on the front door. With a groan, I stood up to open the door, grabbing my keys on the way. 

I found Harry standing on the porch holding up a flower, hiding his face. I couldn't help myself from giggling once again at his quirkiness. He lowered the flower and gave me a broad, dimpled smile, his eyes squinting. 

He grabbed my jacket and brought me to him, giving me a long kiss on the lips, leaving me breathless in the way that only he could. 

"Wow," I whispered. "You need to start playing more soccer games." 

He held out the flower for me to take. "A flower for a flower."

Walking back inside to put the pink rose in a vase, I said, "Why do you always get me flowers?"

"Just thought I'd do something nice for you." He gives me a quick peck on my cheek from behind. "C'mon, let's go. I gotta get to practice."

He grabbed my hand and lead me outside. Once inside his mom's car and pulled out of my driveway, I ask, "So are you nervous?"

He shrugged. "Nah, not really."

"Really?" 

"I don't remember the last time I played but for some reason, I'm not that nervous today," he said, his voice calm and collected. "I'm actually pretty excited."

I grinned at his enthusiasm. He was too adorable when he's happy. His smile is priceless and it's like his eyes actually twinkle. 

I looked out the window, hoping that my friends could make it today. Luanne and Liam hadn't mentioned anything and Niall didn't give me anything more than a maybe. I really didn't want to look like a loser all alone on the bleachers. I knew Luanne really wanted to go bowling and whatever she did, Liam would be with her. 

My phone vibrated, interrupting my thoughts. I checked and saw I had a text from Niall. 

Niall: What time are you going to the game??

Me: Right now. Harry had to go earlier. 

I really hoped this meant he was thinking about coming. At least I would have someone to hang with while the game is going on. I patiently drummed my fingers on the arm rest, waiting for Niall's reply which I got about a minute later. 

Niall: Ok, I'll go in a little bit :)

Me: Awesome! See you there, loser.

"Hey, Niall's coming to the game," I told Harry, smiling.