Chapter 14

The ride home was spent in silence and again, I found myself wishing that the radio in this car worked. Although I doubt Harry was in the mood to listen to music. Harry's jaw kept clenching and unclenching. His hands gripped the steering wheel so hard the knuckles turned white. His lips were pursed during the whole ride and I was surprised he didn't have smoke coming out of his ears.

I opened my mouth many times to say something but I didn't know what to say to make him calm down. Niall didn't kiss me on purpose. Well, he did, but it was for a good reason. I knew if I explained now, he wouldn't listen.

He pulled into my driveway and I got down from the car before him, wanting to make sure my mom or dad were in the house before Harry went in. I know we've passed this but I couldn't help but remember the last time he was this mad. I self consciously placed a hand on my hurt wrist but quickly shook my head. I was being stupid for thinking like that. He'd apologized already and I trusted him completely.

I opened the door and called out for my parents. I received no answer in return and mentally cursed. I looked in the living room but it was empty, as was the kitchen. The only thing there was a sticky note on the refrigerator.

Went to the grocery store with your dad. Be back in 30.

Love you. Mom.

I blew out a breath as I crumpled it and left it on the counter. The door behind me slammed shut, making me jump. I turned just as Harry began to walk angrily up the stairs.

So the car ride did nothing to calm him down.

A thought crossed my mind to just leave him up there to let him cool off some steam alone. But I dragged my butt up there anyway. I didn't want him to think anything was going on between Niall and I.

The door to my room was closed and I opened it ever so slightly so as to not startle him.

Once inside, I saw him sitting at the edge of my bed with his face buried in his hands. His leg was bouncing up and down wildly, shaking the whole bed. I gently closed the door and sat down next to him, keeping some distance between us.

"Harry," I said, placing a hand on his leg to stop him from shaking it. He harshly pushed my hand away and stood up. I watched as he paced in front of me, running both his hands through his hair.

"How could you do that?" he asked, the anger clear and sharp in his voice. His eyes held all the feeling and emotions he had inside. "I trusted you! I trusted you with everything that I had and you go and do that?"

"I-," I started.

"I thought you didn't have anything going on with Niall!" he continued. "I never brought it up because I didn't think that it was necessary. Obviously, I was wrong." Oddly enough, he sounded more angry and frustrated than heartbroken or hurt.

I finally stood up, facing him squarely. "I don't have anything going on with Niall," I said, evenly. I was trying so hard not to keep calm and not yell at him. He was just upset and it was understandable. I would be too if I were in his position.

"Oh, really?" He placed his hands on his hips. "Then please tell me what the fuck his arm was doing around your shoulders. Please tell me why it was so necessary for him to kiss you and stare at you that way."

"Stop it," I said. "It wasn't-"

"Oh, and don't think I didn't see you guys sharing a drink. And what was up with that little move he made when he cleaned your nose? What was that? What the fuck was that? You know there's something called napkins right?" He moved closer to me until he was only a foot away. His face was pulled into an angry grimace.