Chapter 23

For the next few days, I completely avoided Harry as much as I could. Which wasn't much since I see him everyday at school but I tried my best to ignore him. He still sat with me at lunch and tried to talk to me all the time but I only gave him small replies. He didn't go a day without telling me he loved me and saying that he was sorry. And he also didn't go a day without leaving flowers at my house. It was beginning to look like a cemetery with the flowers flooding the living room.

"Jeez, Diana, what did this kid do?" my dad had asked on Thursday as he took one look at our house. "Can't you forgive him already? Poor guy."

Little did my dad know that it wasn't that simple. I wish I could just forgive him but something was holding me back. I had no reason to believe that he wouldn't hurt me again. I wanted so badly to be able to hold him again and forget about everything but I couldn't do that.

Niall, on the other hand, acted like I was a stranger to him this whole week. He'd barely look at me during school and as much as I tried to talk to him, he wouldn't give me anything more than a small nod.

When he left that night at the dance, my heart felt as if it were going to collapse on itself. Niall was the last person I thought would have left me when I'm going through something like this. We've been there for each other through everything. I couldn't believe that he would just stop talking to me like that.

I was grateful, though, that he didn't seem to tell anyone about what Harry did.

Just as I was about to walk home from school on Friday, Harry came up to me and blocked my path.

I looked at the ground and tried to go around him but he side stepped and didn't let me through. My palms began to get sweaty and my heart raced as he held out a folded piece of paper.

"This is for you," he said.

I bit my lip, contemplating whether I should take it or not. I was dying to find out what he had to say but at the same time, I was terrified that I would go crawling back to him.

"Please read it," he said after I didn't move for a minute. "I spent the whole week writing it."

I sighed, all resolution I had before crumbling, and snatched the paper from his hand. I turned around so he wouldn't see me while I read it. My hands shook as I slowly unfolded it and began to read.

Diana.

I was planning to just write a letter begging you to take me back but then I realized there's nothing more I could say than I'm sorry. I said I'd never hurt you again but I did. And I don't have any excuse for what I did. I wish I could say something that will make you not want to leave me but I don't know what.

You really are the best thing that's happened to me. Just thinking about the thought of not having you by my side makes me feel like I'll lose everything I have. You probably think that I've been saying that I love you just so you wouldn't go. But I mean it. I love you, Diana. I love you and I'll never stop telling you that.

I know I don't deserve you to forgive me but I'm just asking for another chance. You've given me so many already and I don't know why you put up with me but I need just one more. I promise to make it up to you somehow. Whatever you want, I'll give to you. I'll sleep outside your house if I have to until you take me back. I'll organize a dance and take you to it if that's what you want. I'll even be friends with Niall.

Okay, that last one might have been a bluff. But I can try.

Anyway, point is, Diana, I love you. I miss you so much. And I need you back. Please don't leave me alone. You're my soul mate and I can't stress it enough how much I love you.