Chapter 10

"Okay, lets do this quick," I told Harry. "I'll go get the pads and you get the food. My mom wants the twirly pasta thingies that come in different colors."

Harry laughed at my description, his dimples coming into full view. "The twirly thingies?"

"Yeah, I don't know how else to describe them," I said, laughing along with him.

Our laughter died down and he said, "Alright, we'll meet at the cash registers when we're done." He brought up my hand to his lips to give me a kiss on my knuckles before he walked off to get the food, leaving me dazed at how charming he could be sometimes.

Harry and I had been on our way home from school on Tuesday when my mom called to ask if we could make a quick stop at the store. She needed to buy some things for dinner tonight and since the store was on our way home, she asked us to go for her.

I made my way to the aisle where they kept the pads, thinking I might as well buy my stuff while I'm here.

Grabbing the box I usually get, I made my way back to our roundup spot.

While I waited, I scanned the rack of endless magazines, all suggesting different dieting techniques and whatnot. I always found it stupid how girls my age would do anything to lose weight. I haven't always been the skinniest girl or the fattest but I was in the middle, slightly more towards the chubby side. I'm not considered 'big' for my age and height but believe me, I'm no size two either.

I shook my head, not wanting to read anymore about celebrities and all their drama. I grabbed a chocolate bar which was ironically placed next to the dieting magazines. I don't know if they put them there to make you feel bad or what. I just knew I won't be feeling guilty when I'm eating this later.

I've been waiting for roughly 10 minutes and Harry still hasn't come back. It surely didn't take this long to get one box of spaghetti in a small store like this one. I decided to go look for him in case something had happened or if he couldn't find the ones my mom wanted.

Walking straight to the pasta aisle, I checked my phone to see if he had called me but he didn't. I made it to the aisle and stopped as soon as I rounded the corner. I saw Harry and he already had the pasta box in his hand. He had his back resting lightly on the shelf with one hand in his pocket as he leaned his head back laughing at something a blonde girl said to him. They talked as if they were old friends that knew each other since ages.

I watched the blonde as she cutely scrunched up her nose and playfully slapped his shoulder. It made me want to barf. With her long and wavy hair, high waisted shorts, and flat stomach, she seemed like she belonged on the cover of one of those magazines back there.

Harry gave the girl a tight, one armed hug and I watched as she wrapped both of her skinny arms around his body. I quickly left the aisle, randomly going into another one so it didn't seem as if I was pathetically waiting for him this whole time. I waited a couple minutes before walking back to the cash registers. I ended up walking through the fruit aisle without noticing. Before I could think about it, I left the chocolate bar I had grabbed earlier and instead got a bag of grapes.

By the time I made it back to where we agreed to meet up, Harry was waiting for me already. He didn't give any sign that he saw me back there.

"Hey, why did you take so long?" he asked, giving our stuff to the cashier.

"Oh, I forgot my mom wanted fruit too so I was looking for the ones that looked best."

Harry nodded, believing my bluff.

The ride home in his moms car was quiet. It didn't have radio since they couldn't afford it so there was no noise except for Harry occasionally trying to make small talk. I had asked Harry how he got his motorcycle if they couldn't even pay to fix a radio and he said he had been saving for it with the money from his own job.