chapter 9- Fear of you

Jonathan’s face soon, when into a frown as me and Joker looked like two kids caught fighting. Harvey on the other hand was dying to laugh, his contorted acid burned face, was showing evidence of humour. Jonathan soon smiled at me and the Joker, “so what happened to the sweet Dr Clark I once knew?” he slightly chuckled. Joker decided to answer that one, “well we ruined her sweet little nurse look and well…made her sexy and dark, my dear Dr Crane.” Jonathan nodded and circled me, at this moment in time I couldn’t feel more awkward.

Jonathan came background to face me and smiled, “well I think you look…” he tried to think of a word to describe me as he placed his index finger on his chin, the I noticed he was growing a little bit of stubble, and strangely enough I liked it, “well Ashleigh I think you simply look marvellous. “ the beet red blush from my sudden embarrassment was eminent high on my cheeks, and then Joker burst out laugh, “Aw little Ashleigh’s all embarrassed.” I clench my hand up into a fist, this was the final straw. Then I punched him. Joker was still laughing, as he lay tangled on the floor, “I guess I should have expected that.” He smiled up at me and spat out some blood, “well I better get goin’ my lil’ darlin’ Harley is goin to be wonderin’ where I am.” I still had my fist clenched as he left the room with a bloody smile on his lips. I was very on edge now, I felt like kicking something until it broke or until I felt satisfied with my work. I gave a large sigh, and leaned against the kitchen table, “I’m gonna’ kill that clown.”

Two Face laughed and left the room. Jonathan smiled at me again, and walked up closer to me and rested his hands on the table by my hips, and leaned in closer, “you look very beautiful Ashleigh, I love the colour that Harley and Joker have made your hair.” Smiled at him, and what I did next was one on the most stupid things I could do. I hugged Jonathan Crane, and then I ran upstairs. What should I do?

I ran into Jonathan’s room and went straight from the bathroom; I placed the hot water tap on full capacity. And sat on the side of the bath waiting for the water to become so hot I needed to add cold water to it. I walked over to the bathroom door and locked it. I just need to gain control of what was going on in my head. As I knocked off the water taps, I heard the door to the main room open. “Ashleigh are you in the bathroom?” I sighed and undressed, and slipped into the water, which cause a slight splash, “I heard the floor boards creek next to the door, I’m going to take that as a yes then.” I sighed again, and began to think about what has happened to me.

Firstly I had a perfectly average day of treating criminals at Arkham Asylum, secondly I nearly fell to my death and Jonathan Crane caught me, thirdly Jonathan Crane was attacked by a lunatic and then he kidnapped me, and then he takes me to this unknown place in Gotham, I have no idea what time it is, and what the date is. I rubbed my hands over my face and sighed again, what I crazy day, with lots of crazy people. I was torn about this place, I wanted to stay as the only person I had ever had a connection with was here, but the fact is that one person is a criminal.

I sighed and relaxed in the hot bath this is what I needed. God this was stressful. I looked over the side of the bath to see a small cabinet, I opened it with an out stretched hand and saw it was barely filled, there was one bottle of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner which I grabbed, and then I saw a bright orange pill case, which read, “prescription strength 5mg morphine.” I couldn’t see a reason for the prescription, so I just placed it back in the cabinet and shut the door. I decided just to relax in the warm water, and then I heard something being smashed against the wall, and low mumbling. I wanted to get out of the bath and see if there was something wrong, but again I heard something being smashed so I couldn’t get myself to get out of the bath, as the fear of it not being Jonathan but the Scarecrow throwing things across his room.

It had been a couple of hours since I locked the bathroom door, and I knew the Scarecrow was still in Jonathan’s room, I was now stilling on the edge of the bath just gently gliding my toes over the now cold water. Suddenly a knock on the door made me slip off the side of then bath and hit my head off the sink. I lay on the floor for a few minutes, with the feeling of light headedness. Soon I felt my hair and scalp becoming wet; I jolted up and looked at the sink. It was covered with blood, I pressed my hand to the back of my head and felt warm liquid on my hand, I looked at my hand and saw it was dark red. I placed my hand firmly on the white tiled floor, “Ashleigh are u still in there?”  I nodded to myself as I crawled across the white tiled floor, I grabbed two black towels from a nearby rack I tried to stand up but I was losing blood to fast to make and major moves. I wrapped a large towel around me and pressed the smaller one against the back of my head. I reached my hand upwards to the lock as my vision started to blur, and before the blackness overcame me I heard the door unlock.