chapter 25- Your Body Or Your Mind?

Ashleigh’s POV

I let out a stressed sigh, and turned towards the Scarecrow, “so I’m your fiancée now, am I?” I saw Scarecrows Adams apple bob slightly as he swallowed hard, I took a step towards him in the tall bladed high heel Harley had lent to me and stared the Scarecrow dead in the eye, “well, the penguin is an opportunist, it there isn’t a solid claim on something he’ll hope to take it.” Even in six inch heels the Scarecrow still towered over me, but I still had the urge to slap his for his audacity, so I went for something less predictable, I raised my six inch heeled foot two inches and slammed my heeled foot into his thick leather covered foot. I pulled my foot off quickly as the Scarecrow stifled a scream, I stared at him intensely waiting for him to talk. “Your right, I deserved that.” I nodded as I saw the scarecrow double over slightly due to the pain, and sigh loudly until he was able to stand straight. Yet I still didn’t understand why he chose to call me his fiancée, I shook my head slightly, “why did you call me your fiancée? Why not your girlfriend?” he sighed as he slowly snaked his arms around my waist, “because I guess it’s a more solid claim, that your mine and no one else’s.” I blushed slightly, as he bent down and pressed his lips to mine

I pulled away from the kiss, “sorry.” I whispered as I pulled him towards a frosted glass dance floor. He looked at me curiously and smirked, as a more up tempo song filled the dance floor with life, the older dancers left the floor as “this is love” by will.i.am vibrated through the air, it started slow with a steady tempo which meant scarecrow swayed with me to the beat, but as the chorus kicked in, I saw Harley and joker in all there natural state begin to dance with us. Both I and Harley swayed and jumped along to the song, soon we began to sing. Both scarecrow and the joker laughed at us as we danced on the glass dance floor with enjoyment, it was meant to be a party after all. Soon two faces decided to join the small group of us on the dance floor, he sighed slightly with a chuckle as he stared in disbelief, because of our singing and dancing as if it was some bazar reality. Some more of the younger crowed of the fund raiser join in with the dancing till the end of the upbeat song.

Both me and Harley both laughed off our embarrassment as many of the people at the fundraiser stared at us. The Scarecrow grabbed me in a hug, as he chuckled in my ear, “what a performance.” I blushed again, but soon another much slower song travelled through the ice lounge. We both decided to leave the dance floor, and abuse the free drink. Two Face had already beaten us to the bar where he was talking to a tall black haired man with piercing blue eyes over a tumbler of whisky, the scarecrow nudged him slightly, “why are you talking to Bruce Wayne?” two face smiled through his half mask, and answered, “well he actually wondering who the girl is who you were dancing with.” Scarecrow nodded, and wrapped a tight arm around my waist. “What is Bruce Wayne doing here?” Scarecrow’s eyes flickered to me then to the bartender, “can I have a tumbler of whisky please and you Ashleigh?” he hadn’t answered, to I still needed a drain, “I’ll have a scotch please.” Scarecrow looked down at me with a raised eye brow and then looked back to the bar where the bar tender poured the drinks. “enjoy.” He said as he handed us our drinks.

I leaned gently against the frosted bar, as I gently sipped my bitterly cold scotch. I pulled out the iced cherry which had been placed in my drink and placed it in my warm mouth. My eyes flickered beyond the scarecrow to Bruce Wayne who was still talking to Two Face, yet he was staring at me intensely. I quickly pulled my gaze away from Bruce Wayne and looked back at the scarecrow, who was also sipping his drink quietly, “you never answered my question.” I stated, he turned his body towards mind and smirked, “well Bruce Wayne is here because he donated a lot of money towards the charity which the penguin owns.” He sighed, and took another sip of his drink, “also he likes you.” He said begrudgingly, I placed a pale hand on the scarecrow black jacket covered shoulder, and then snaked it around the back of his neck, in pulled myself up and pressed my lips against his. I looked over his shoulder to see Bruce Wayne’s expression darken.

The Scarecrow pulled away and hugged me tightly, “Ashleigh go and dance. Harley has been trying to get your attention for the past ten minutes.” I looked behind me to see Harley waving her arms dramatically in the air, I walked over to see a very talkative and flirtatious joker who was talking to every other woman but Harley, “lets show the joker what he’s missing.” I chuckled as we made our way to the dance floor. Once again the floor was filled with old rich people barely moving to a slow tempo song.

soon the Dj was brought up to the mixing table placed at the far side of the dance floor, both me and Harley smiled as the room dimed and coloured lights flicked across the floor, this caused the older and slower moving people to move off the floor as the Dj introduced the new song, “this is the iceberg lounge and it’s time to get hot!” he flipped a disk onto the table and it began to play, “this is for you girls here on the dance floor.” Soon we recognised it was “S&M” by Rihanna Harley decided to run up to the Dj at the far side of the room and dance with him, but soon I wasn’t on the dance floor, more and more people soon joined, I looked over the growing crowd to see The Scarecrow talking to Two Face but Bruce Wayne was no longer at the bar, I shook my head and tried not to think about the unusual man. I swayed to the music as it echoed throughout the ice covered lounge, suddenly I felt someone standing directly behind me, I twisted round to see Bruce Wayne standing perfectly still, “who are you?” he growled harshly over the moving sea of people around us, “no one.” I tried to walk away from him, but he gripped my wrist tight, “I know a no one. Who are you?” he repeated his question once again but in a more aggressive tone, “I’m no one you need to know Bruce Wayne, playboy billionaire.”

 Suddenly I felt a tug on my other arm; I looked behind me and saw the Scarecrow. He had a firm grip on the top of my arm; he bent his mouth down to my ear, “let’s go.” I felt Bruce Wayne let go of my wrist, we began to move away from Bruce Wayne, and then suddenly we stopped as Bruce Wayne began to shout towards the Scarecrow, “I know who you are Jonathan Crane, or should I call you the Scarecrow?” I gasped slightly; I looked up at the Scarecrow to see his expression grow much more nefarious, as his eyes darkened soon his scared lips began to up into a very malicious grin. The Scarecrow dropped his hand from my arm, then he began to shrug off his black jacket, he turned towards Bruce Wayne, and shouted with a mocking tone, “So you want to play that game Bruce Wayne?” he began to advance towards Bruce Wayne, “what do you think will break first? Your body or your mind?”