chapter 21- bloody Bullets and Romance

Ashleigh’s POV

For what felt like an eternity, I finally opened my eyes only to see the Scarecrow’s closing. I bolted up, “scarecrow get up?” I pressed my ear against his chest to hear a very slow and very weak heartbeat; I looked at my hand to see they were covered in blood. I saw blood seeping through his white button up shirt, I tore it open to see a bullet in his waist, I clasped a hand over my mouth. “Help!” I screamed, suddenly everyone was here “I need your help please.” Everyone looked distraught at the sight, joker suddenly started to fire off orders, I sighed shakily.

I dug my fingers into the thin wound suddenly the Scarecrow’s eyes opened, and he was staring at me. I felt the pressure of saving The Scarecrow’s life on my heart as well as on my shoulders. He was breathing heavily with was causing a heavy blood flow, “please calm down. I need to get this bullet as fast as possible.” He nodded and dragged his eyes away from mine, “thank you.” I looked down at him as I grabbed the bullet in his side and careful pulled it from the wound. I let out a pain filled grunt, and once again everyone flooded the room with lots of medical supplies, and before I could ask where they were from, Harley answered “you stole then out of a medical supplies truck” I nodded and grabbed a thick gauze and placed it on the scarecrow’s abdomen and applied pressure he hissed, “joker I need you to keep pressure on the wound for me.” He nodded and pressed down on the thick gauze.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead; the scarecrow was getting paler by the second. I looked at him his eyes were closing once again, “you’re not going under.” I growled, “Joker apply my pressure to the wound.” He nodded and smiled strangely, this caused the Scarecrow to once again open his eyes. “Harley do you have any syringes?” she nodded and pulled out a box of wrapped ones, I pulled out a empty blood bag and attached the two, “Harley put this needle into the Scarecrow,” I showed her another needle “this one is for me, I’m going to do a standing blood transfusion.” Harley nodded and jabbed the needle into his arm as I jabbed one into mine. I hissed as the Scarecrow did as the blood began to flow thick and fast. I growled and lifted the scarecrow’s left leg to get to the second bullet wound in the back of his calf. His wound was shallow but was on a wide spread area, a shotgun wound. I grabbed a pair of tweezers form a medical tray the Killer Croc was holding. I sighed hard and I pulled the small pieces of shrapnel from his leg. Most of it was clear, so I once again added gauze to the wound.

Soon people were leaving the room, and taking the medical supplies with them, but Harley stayed, “Ashleigh the Scarecrow really likes you but like most men he can’t put it into words.” I nodded and looked at the silent Scarecrow; I looked down at the blood transfusion bag and saw it was now full. I took the tube and syringe out of my own arm and applied my index finger to the small dot of blood. He smiled at me slightly, and I smiled back but I was still confused with the situation, “what happened to you Scarecrow?” she sighed and slowly sat himself up, and clearly his throat, “I was protecting you, I brought you down from the Wayne building and the police began to shoot at us so I began to run and then I got shot at again, but I didn’t want to give up, all because of an irrational feeling.” I cocked my head to the side the shuffled up the bed and stroked the Scarecrow’s hair, and smiled at him, “what was the irrational feeling? Because I know a few.” He chuckled, and put a pale slender hand on my cheek, “the stupid irrational feeling of love.”

 I looked in his eyes and saw he meant it. I sighed and grabbed his hand which was on my cheek and laced my fingers between his, “then why did you call me a good asset?” he sighed and leaned towards me, I looked up at him, “because I have emotional wall and I didn’t want you to know that you were breaking them all down.” He thumb stroked my face as we both leaned closer together. I we had both come very close to kissing a couple of times and every time we were so close to kissing it would be interrupted, so I closed the gap and pressed my lips against him. He froze and then relaxed as wrapped his arms around me as we kissed. I wrapped my arms around his neck, so we could both be as close as possible to each other. I pulled my lips back slowly and rested my forehead against his, “that was my first kiss.” I whispered, he chuckled and kissed me lightly on the lips against, “it was my first kiss too.”

We both hugged each other tightly suddenly we heard a mumbling outside, “Oh my god that is so cute.” I jumped off the bed and yanked open the door and fell in Harley Quinn and the joker. Both of the smiled sheepishly as the stood back up and made their way out of the Scarecrow’s room. I looked back over to the bed and saw a smiling scarecrow. I laughed and lied next to him on the bed; I leaned my head against his shoulder and sighed “you scared me. I thought I was going to lose you.” He chuckled and placed a kiss on the top of my head and then one on my cheek, “Ashleigh you’re not going to lose me, and most of all I’m not going to lose you.” The Scarecrow placed his cheek on the top of my head and soon I heard him snoring quietly. I pulled the bloodied blankets over us and soon I was overcome by sleep and the darkness that awaited me there.