chapter 14- Primal fear

The Scarecrow’s POV

I entered Harvey’s room, to see his grinning madly, “Ok is it Jonathan or The Scarecrow?” I grabbed the collar, of Harvey’s suit shirt, and growled aggressively, “who do you think Two Face?” Harvey gave a chuckle worryingly, as I let go of his collar, “so how’s your bullet wound?” I looked down at my shoulder to see a blackening mark where the bullet had entered me, I smiled sinisterly, “never better, but now that you mention it, I must get Ashleigh to get it out of me.” Harvey nodded and looked down at his shoes; I didn’t see why there was anything particularly interesting about them. “So why are you here Scarecrow?”  I nodded to myself and then answered, “I need to get rid of these.” I showed Harvey the clothes which had Ashleigh’s blood spilt all over them. “Is all this blood from Ashleigh?” I nodded, Two Face looked shocked, “that woman’s lucky she’s not dead.” I nodded once again, “what can we do with them?” I asked, then we heard a large displacement of water as the Killer Croc had returned from his errand, Two Face smiled and so did Harvey.

Both of us travelled down stairs so we could enter the Killer Croc’s lair. Both of us stood at the top of the stair which led down to the Killer Crocs lair, this was a daunting task as lately Croc had become more and more aggressive. We carefully walked down, I heard Two Face take off the safety on his good. I smirked as he was easily showing his fear. We got to the bottom of the water logged cellar, and couldn’t see the Killer Croc anywhere. Now Two Face had his guns out in front of him both arms straight out and his hands gripping the guns tight, “come out Croc we have no time for games!” I shouted. Still there was no disturbance in the water.

Two Face was getting more and more frustrated as the Killer Croc, “come out you stupid Croc.” I knew like most people Two Face got a temper easily, but so did Killer Croc. Suddenly there was a large rush of water, and unmistakably the large scaly form of Killer Croc lunging for Two Face, but I wasn’t going to stop him, I guess in some ways Two Face deserved to be mauled by Killer Croc, but Harvey Dent didn’t. I walked over to where Killer Croc pinned, and I held a small vile of black liquid, my fear toxin. “If you don’t let go of Harvey Dent, I will drop this.” I wiggled the small vile between my fingers, and slowly Killer Croc let go of Harvey, “what do you want Scarecrow?” I threw him Ashleigh bloody clothes and he stared down at them not saying a word, “I need you to dispose of them, and if you could place them outside of the police station to send a message.” Killer Croc nodded, “what’s the message?” I smiled and handed his a small envelope make sure the police station get this. I smiled again this time wickedly.

Both me and Two Face walked back upstairs, he was still muttering about the whole Killer Croc incident, “that stupid animal, he needs to be put down.” I chuckled lightly, any sort of aggressive animal was Harvey Dent’s fear, he’d had it since childhood when a dog attacked him, and I bet you if you placed a rabid bunny in front of him he would be scared of it.

Two Face stopped and stared at me, “what do you find so funny?” he wasn’t amused, but I was. “Nothing much except for you fears of partially aggressive animals.” Harvey looked at the floor, “it’s not funny ok, I was nearly killed by a dog when I was five.” He started to sulk, but I couldn’t stop laughing at the mental picture of him screaming because of a bunny. Harvey just decided to storm off and let me be on with my laughing at his distress. I chuckled again and walked towards my room, then I heard giggling coming from inside, I smiled it was Ashleigh and unmistakably Harley. I pushed open the door and there was Ashleigh sitting in my chair and Harley giggling uncontrollably on the bed. I cleared my throat to let them know I was here, Ashleigh looked at me and smiled sheepishly and Harley abruptly stood up off the bed and waved good bye Ashleigh smiled at her and said, “Thanks for the clothes Harley.” And with this Harley left me and Ashleigh in a rather tense environment.

I looked Ashleigh over to she was wearing a simple black dress. Ashleigh looked at me with eyes which almost looked like ice, harsh and cold. I swallowed rather loudly, I was scared of only myself but dear god when she looked at me I could help referring to the saying, hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn. So in other words right now I was on thin ice, I walked towards Ashleigh hoping she wasn’t as angry as she looked. Then slowly her eyes softened as I walked towards her, I cocked my head to the side at this. “Is there something wrong Ashleigh?” I asked politely, but I knew obviously something was bothering her; she smiled at me with thin lips. She didn’t’ want to talk about it, but that didn’t mean I was giving up perusing what the answer was. I sat on the arm of my leather chair and brushed a long piece of hair away from her eyes; she smiled meekly and turned away from me. I grabbed Ashleigh’s shoulders and made her look at me, now I knew something was defiantly wrong, “Ashleigh please just tell me what’s wrong.” She looked at me and her eyes were once again icy, “Harley let slip that Arkham asylum had incorporated the help of the Batman to find me.” She sighed heavily; I know she’s defiantly not happy at me, “the worst thing is they got an anonymous tip that read we have her from The Scarecrow.” I didn’t know what to do, I’m a criminal physiologist not a shrink, any symptoms of anger she was showing could not be explained by her, I didn’t understand why she was so angry at me.

Ashleigh sighed heavily again, and pushed my hands off my shoulder and stared at me with those deadly eyes, I’m going to die aren’t I. Her hands clenched into fist several times before her hands just stayed fists. I swallowed hard again, her back was to me and I didn’t know what the hell to do with her. I walked up behind her and heard that she was breathing shakily, “Do you want me to get taken by the Batman?” now I knew why she was so angry and aggressive, she believed that I wanted her to be taken from me. I chocked slightly on the idea of Ashleigh being taken away from me, I knew what to do now.