chapter 19- Unlikely Saviour

Scarecrow’s POV

I was perched on the top of the west side Gotham Bridge hoping that I would spot Ashleigh; I knew she lived near here. I just hoped that she was seeking home comfort, I sighed the cold rain hit me like shards of glass, I stood up and pulled my hessian mask over my head. I knew Ashleigh would be fine by herself, she took on the Batman by herself, I sighed again I was still incredibly worried about her, as it isn’t just batman out there. I pulled out five vials of my fear toxin out of my jacket pocket, and dropped them into the chaotic traffic below. I looked at Harley as she placed a gas mask with a red smiling grin covering it, “find Ashleigh back please.” She scowled at me from under the mask, “what the hell did you think I would do after I found Ashleigh?” I shrugged, as she descended the metal railing steps on the bridge.

I looked down and heard panicked voices of the people which belonged to the city of Gotham, I smirked under my mask time to strike fear into Gotham once more. I pulled out my scythe and soared from the top of the west side Gotham main bridge. I hooked my scythe around one of the wire cords which supported the bridge which slowed down my speed. I descended quickly to the floor of the Gotham Bridge; the people screaming around me made me think how much I missed striking fear into people. I walked along the bridge and saw people cower in front of me. The power I felt was very intense and concentrated.

I let out a manic laugh, suddenly there was gun fire from behind me, I looked behind me and saw a fear stricken member of Gotham city. He aimed for me and before I realised he pulled the trigger. The bullet entered my thigh, I hissed as the dark brown slacks I was wearing soon became darker with my blood. I ran towards this stupid excuse of a man and used the back of my scythe to trip him up, and with this he dropped his gun. He landed on his knees I came even closer to the man and slammed my black booted foot into his face, and with this a repulsive crack rang out. I pulled my foot back and turned away from the unconscious man. The black gas flooded the senses of every man, woman and child who lived on the west side of Gotham, I grunted as I began to run towards the sound of police car sirens. I looked down at my leg I grunted again, I jumped onto the roof of a car, away from the chaos of the road and dug my fingers into the bullet wound in my thigh, I grinded my teeth as I began to pull out the small bullet, I screamed out as blood poured out of the wound, then it stopped as the bullet finally exited the wound.

I leaped from one roof of a car to another, ever advancing on the gathering of police cars. The lights of the close police cars looked distant behind the black vapour of the fear toxin; this gave me the perfect advantage.  I flipped off the roof of the current car I had resided on, and landed behind the armed police men, all pointed guns forward. Each police officer was wearing a gas mask, I smirked they were learning, but not fast enough. I rose up my scythe, and sliced through the air which leads towards the ankles of the armoured police men. Each gave a cry of pain all in turn s my scythe hit the Achilles tendon, in each of their ankles. I pulled the guns away from the immobilized police officers; I pulled each of the apart and dropped then to their sides. I need to find Ashleigh; if she was on the west side of Gotham she would soon be affected by the fear toxin.

Ashleigh’s POV

Began to run through the streets of the west side of Gotham, I knew some fear toxin had been released into the streets. I began to panic as it slowly entered my senses, I looked up and saw a giant bat, and I knew it was batman but rational thought was slowly vanishing. Suddenly the large black figure with horns landed in front of me, “let me help you.” The beast growled as It offered a clawed hand out to me, “I can give you the antidote for the fear toxin, let me help you.” I screamed as it began to come towards me I began to run down some concrete step suddenly everything vanished and  it was all black, and I began to fall “someone help me!” Suddenly the clawed hand which sharp blades which ran across its arms grabbed my wrist and pulled me back up.

 I looked at its face, sharp jagged teeth lined its mouth, its dark black eyes bled black blood, “god someone help me!” I struggled in the arms of the thing which was trying to attack me, suddenly there was a sharp jab in my side, I screamed out in pain as a burning sensation travelled through my body, “oh god it burns!” then I was being carried through the black air around me, then my visions began to clear, I looked at the beast in front of me and saw the face of my saviour of the batman. We landed on the high skyscraper of Wayne industries. As my feet touched the gravel roof top I felt everything drain out of me, my vision began to blur and before I could fall, I was in the arms of my unlikely saviour.