chapter 30- Stay With Me

Scarecrow’s POV

Ashleigh bruised pale face, stood out in the dark light of the van, as we travel fast towards the hideout. Silence rang out, as guilt and rage filled the air, due to the near sudden kidnapping of Ashleigh. I flicked my eyes to and from Ashleigh’s pale and placid face. I pulled off my hessian mask, and twisted my hand through my hair. I looked at Catwoman and Ivy who were both staring at their feet with guilt due to their unwise decision making. I sighed hard, as the van made reckless turns through the police ridden streets of west Gotham. I flicked my eyes once again to eyes face; she was looking at her bruised hands and harshly biting her bottom lip, making a small trickle of blood to escape from the wound. But even though I knew Ashleigh was in some sort of mental distress I still didn’t dare to speak, as the back of the van was already tense enough. I looked over to Two Face, and saw he was running his lucky coin over his knuckles, trying to occupy himself in some way.

Suddenly all I heard was the shattering of glass and the sound of metal being twisted. The van was twisting though mid-air, which had caused everyone to be hauled out of the seats in the van and thrown into the air in disarray, just to plummet back to the harsh floor of the van. A harsh ringing noise rang through my ears blocking or muffling all other noises. I tried to push myself up, only to feel a thick boot push my body back to the floor of the van; I twisted my head round to see the twisted doors of the van had been thrown open. But as crisp as the high pitched noise in my ears was, so was Bane’s, “do not stop me, Gotham will succumb to a new power and it will be mine.” I felt the heavy boot lift off my back only to be reapplied, “the only thing I fear is pain, but as you can see I can overcome it easily.” I groaned, as I twisted my body to stand up to only see and unconscious and bloody Ashleigh being carried by Bane into a large warfare tank namely called the “Tumbler.” Bane lowered Ashleigh into the tank, and with this he looked back to the mangled van and gave a mock salute to me, “I will see you in hell Scarecrow.” Before lowering himself into the tank, and speeding off at a high velocity into the darkness of Gotham.

Soon my body began to shake, shock over came me. Ashleigh had once again been taken from me. The high speed shakes began to make my vision blurry as the world around me was collapsing, as well as my body. The pain I felt in my chest came from the guilty feeling that was erupting from me, as I did nothing to prevent Ashleigh from being taken from me, or to stop Bane. Hot tears spilled from my eyes as I was slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

Ashleigh’s POV

The lights of Gotham city blurred around me as I travelled at a high velocity. Slowly my surroundings became more and more exposed, as my vision cleared and my senses became more alert. I felt straps pinning me to a seat in a car traveling at a high speed, and I saw Bane driving the vehicle which could only be described at technologically advanced. As I twisted in my seat, I felt a sharp stabbing pain and as I looked down my fears were revealed to me. “Oh god!” I screamed as I saw a large piece of mangled metal was buried in my side. My black fabric corset glistened with the blood with was exiting the wound. Bane looked at me with dark eyes, “you will be with help soon.” Bane moved his right arm from the steering wheel, and pressed it on the wound. I bit into my lip trying to stop a scream escaping, “STOP!” I gasped for air, as more pressure was added, “Please! Just please stop!” Bane faced me once again, “I am trying to help, but sometime the help cannot overcome the pain.” I felt the car accelerate, as Bane’s foot lowered even further of the throttle. Gently my eyes began to close, as I felt the pain of my wounds leave me. But the last thing I heard was Bane, “stay with me Ashleigh.” And I knew he was sincere.