Chapter 29

Megan's POV

I told you to remember.

Oh, you again.

That's because I'm your sleeping conscious. So remember our last conversation. Stupid girl, I told you to remember Diego.

It's not my fault I can't remember!

Oh, I'll make you remember. Get ready girl. Shits going down.

WAKE UP!
———————————————————————
Diego's POV

"Diego come to the hospital! Megan's going through a heart attack!"

I felt my blood drain from my face, my heart dropped to my stomach as it clenches painfully.

Dropping my phone I ran out of the house like my life depended on it.

Actually, it does! My moon is in trouble.

Snatching a random car key I press the button and saw the car light up.

Running to it I slid in and drove crazily to the hospital.
———————————————————-
Aria's POV

"Get the defibrillator!" I yelled and I pumped Megan's chest counting in 3 seconds.

Intubation is set and tubes are being stuck into her body.

"I got it, doctor!" A nurse said urgently.

"Aria let's switch." Maya quickly took my position as I swiped the sweat off my head.

"Checking vitals."

"Nothing." A nurse replied.

"Charge it up. We'll start with 200 joules." My heart beating against my rib cage.

Maya stepped off and I took the defibrillator rubbing them together hearing the power go up.

"Clear!... Shock!" I pressed it to Megan's upper chest. Her body jolted up for a few seconds and went back down.

We all stood for a second waiting for a pulse to show on screen...

*beep*

We all sigh in relief as my whole body relaxed knowing she'll be ok...

"Mrs. Rodriguez! Your son is looking for you." Christine one of the older nurses came, panting with her hair all over.

I pass the defibrillator back to one of the nurses and look back to Megan.

I eye and chest and saw it move up and down in a stable manner.

Exiting her ward I saw my son pacing around pulling his hair making, 'tsk' sounds.

"Mom!" He shouted and ran to me and grabbed my arms.

"How is she is she okay?! What happened!!" Diego shook me with anxiousness evident on his face.

"She's fine honey. Megan just had... an obstacle to go through. And she made through it perfectly." I put on a brave face and a smile. But Diego being my husband's twin, saw through it quickly.

"She almost died didn't she..." His voice broke. My heart clenches for him and Megan.

"I will do everything in my power to make sure she will be fine." I kissed his cheek and went back in.

"Status update...." I asked with a shaky tone.

"Stable. She will make it through the night. The patient should be awake around noon tomorrow." One of the male doctors that entered gave me a warm smile.

I sigh in happiness and grabbed Megan's hand caressing it gently.

Megan's Mom is not in town, we gave her a trip word wide to de-stress. She knows about Megan losing her memories but reassured her that everything is fine.

Knowing that Megan was in the edge of death just a few minutes ago I have to keep this under wraps.
———————————————————————
Megan's POV

The smell of fresh air and a hint of rose waft through.

I'm in the middle of a meadow which reaches out to forever. A smile reaches to my face and I sigh in content.

Sitting on the soft prickly grass I lie down looking up to the orange-pink sky.

"Love?"

Hearing a voice I quickly sat up and turned behind.

A leanly muscled boy with shaggy brown hair flows with the wind. His piercing blue eyes look back at me shocked.

"Diego? What are you doing here." I smiled and walked towards him. Smelling Diego's cologne enters my nostrils a bigger smile went up.

"I-is this a dream?" He looked at me astonished.

Shrugging I wrap my arms around him and snuggle into his chest. I couldn't be bothered with what's real or not. I'm just happy that Diego is with me. Right now. In this moment.

Happy.

"please be real. I can't go back with you not remembering me." I look up and saw his eyes well up with tears.

"I don't know what you're talking about. But can we just enjoy this while we can?" I plead with puppy eyes and pulled him to the spot I was laying at.

Lying on his chest we both look at the now darker sky. Letting the cool air relax us both.

"What do you remember -the last thing that is." He whispered.

"I don't know. But I don't care. You're here. That's what matters.." I kissed his chin.

Suddenly a stinging pain shot through my head.

"AH!" I clutch the side trying to decrease the pain.

"MEGAN! What's wrong! Talk to me love please." He begs.

"M-my head... Hurts..." I whimpered and grab Diego's shirt like my life depended on it.

WAKE UP!

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

"Megan!"

"AHHHHHH!!!!!! MY HEAD!!!"

"Shushhhhh Shushhhhhh Megan please calm down. You're going through a panic attack. The pain is all in your head. You need to trust me and clam down."

I focus on the voice and soon the pain subsided almost immediately.

"Diego! WHERE'S DIEGO! I WANT TO SEE HIM!!" I yelled desperate.

"Calm down first honey please."

"NO I WANT DIEGO!"

"I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!"

A warm body engulf me and I immediately wrap my arms around it. Welcoming the warmth.

"I'm here shushhhhhh I'm here. Everything is alright. I'm here." Diego kissed my head and I burry my face into the crook of his neck.

"You smell good." I sniffed some more.

"Don't I always?" He chuckle.

A deep sigh came from someone else and I peeped at the person.

"ARIA!" I jumped out of the bed limping and hugged her tightly.

"Ohhhh thank goodness you remembered us!!!" She returned the hug as tight as mine.

"Wait. What happened..." I question.

"I'll explain everything later. But your leg is still not healed. Get some rest. Diego I'll get a bigger bed for the both of you." Aria smiled and kissed my cheek before leaving.

"God I missed you." Hands cup my face and a pair of lips came crashing down.

"Let's sleep." I hugged him again. I have an addiction....

"Mmmm. Let's."