Couldn't Hurt

It's been almost a month, and Draylon and I have gotten pretty close. Strangely Symphony had gotten closer to Jamal's cousin, it's weird to me I've been keeping my eye on him because of it. Well it's off to the gym for class. Walking in I see the usual, dudes with their shirts off for the hoes, and hoes damn near naked for the dudes. I'm simple I wore basketball shorts, and a t-shirt, I sit next to Jamal who's tapping away on his phone.

"And who are you over here textin'?" I reach for his phone, and he snatches away.

"None of your business, but what's up with you, and Mr. Draylon?" He raises one of his eyebrows.

"Nothing, I mean yeah we hang out, but it's nothing to it."

"Oh really then you better tell Mr. Man that." He said pointing up indicating for me to look up. I see Draylon walking towards me with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Ms. Andrews." He says sitting next to me.

"Hey Mr. Athlete." I giggle. "What's with the roses?" He hands them to me.

"These are for you." Before I could ask why he was already answering. "Ummm I was wondering would it be alright if I took you on a date?" I was taken aback, I'd been asked on dates before, but I always turned them down.

"I'll think about it." He left after kissing my cheek. I turned to see Kylin prancing over to us. The fuck, she never speaks to us, I watch as she taps Jamal's shoulder.

"You seen Breezy lately?" She asked him.

"Nope." I knew he was lying about whoever this Breezy person was.

"Well when you do see him, tell him I'm looking for him." I'm gone need her to tone that attitude down when she talking to my bestfriend. I wanna ask Jamal who Breezy is, but that ain't my business.

"So Cara, you gonna say yes to Draylon or nah?"

"Probably nah, you know dating ain't for me." I couldn't really say dating wasn't for me because I've never really been on a date. But  how could I between work, school, and Symphony I don't have time for that kind of stuff.

"I think you should say yes, have a little fun. Girl you only sixteen, live a little." I shrugged at his comment. Changing the subject I asked a quick question.

"Who's Breezy?"  I said I wouldn't ask, but I was curious.

"Umm, nobody I don't know anybody by that name." He's lying.

"But Kylin just asked you about her, and you said..."

"Cara he's nobody, let it go." Well that's the end of that conversation he'll tell me the truth when he's ready. As usual school dragged on, sadly I had to go straight to work after I picked Symphony up from school. My stage name at work has changed ever since Jamal's cousin started coming, now I'm Masked Ryder. I can't risk him knowing who I am, dropping Symphony off, and grabbing my bag out of the apartment I head to work.

"Sup, Lil mama?" The new security guard that Black had been training last month greeted. I only nodded in response, he just creeped me out so I didn't speak to him much. The whole time he's worked here all he's done is watch me like I'm his prey. I make my way through all the smoke, and drunken men that always fill this place at night. I stepped to the back with all the other girls to get ready, in the midst of everybody trying to get ready two of the girls go into a fight. same shit different night, they go at it almost every night the only thing they have in common is that they don't like, just like the rest of these chicks back here, with the exception of Casadee, and the girls that work the bar. I ran my fingers through my wavey hair just shaking it up a bit, before I put my outfit on I grease my body up. My nipples are covered by star shaped blue pasties, I slip on my tiny blue pleated mini skirt that barely hides my butt over my black g-string. My black bikini top, is under a blue shirt that sits just below my boobs. Stepping into my six inch black stripper heels, I add the final touch, my black velvet mask with feathers sprouting out of the side of the eye part of the mask. I was doing something I haven't done since my first time on the pole, I was opening the show. I strutted up to the stage with the red spotlight never leaving my body, as I approached the pole. Throughout the whole time I was dancing I felt eyes on me mainly one set in particular, there in the V.I.P. section surrounded by some of the clubs biggest hoes was Jamal's cousin burning holes into my skirtless, shirtless, bikini topless body that was wrapped around the pole. Ugh I knew I was gonna have to give him a dance he'd come here twice every two weeks, sometimes I'd have to give him a dance, sometimes I wouldn't. It all depended on the look he gave me when I was on stage, and judging by the darkness clouding his eyes I was definitely going to be in a private room with him later. I ended my set, and went back stage. Pulling my phone out of my locker I see a mass amount of text from Draylon.

Mr. Athlete: Stopped by your place, but you weren't there.

Mr. Athlete: I don't think Ms. Dorothy likes ya boy.

Mr. Athlete: But all that aside, what about that date. Yay or nay?

I sat at my station for a while thinking about the conversation I had with Jamal about this exact situation. Ignoring two of the messages, I quickly tapped my fingers against my screen, then hit send. I stared at my response of 'Yes' until it was time to get ready again. Did I really just agree to a date with the schools star athlete? You know what, Jamal is right I need a little fun in my life, so I'm not even gonna think about the fact that I just said yes. One little date can't do that much harm.