My Girls

Chris P.O.V.

After finishing up my day with Symphony since it got canceled yesterday I was bringing my baby home. Unlocking the door with the hidden key, Symphy runs off to her moms room with me right behind her. I stand at the door of Cara's room as Symphony tells her about her day, but I can tell she's sound asleep. But Symphony keeps looking at her face funny. I get closer, and I see a red bruise on her face.

"What happened to mommy's face daddy?" I don't wanna lie to my Lil Bit but I can't very well tell her some nigga is going oops upside her momma's head, now can I?

"Mama's clumsy she probably hit her cheek on something." I feel so bad lying to her. She didn't ask anymore questions, she just bounced off to her room. I could see a bruise on her shoulder under the cover so I took a risk, and pulled it back. Her lower back was just as purple as her shoulder. I didn't want Symphony coming back, and seeing her like this so I found a big T-shirt in her draw, and put it on her. But not before I saw a bigger bruise on her stomach. I slid her jeans off her and tucked her in the blankets. Before walking out I kissed her forehead, looking back one more time I flicked the light off, and headed for Lil Bit's room. Symphony was at her bed praying, she was already in her pj's. Guess I'm tucking her in too. She climbed in bed after she finished up her prayers. I tucked the covers around her tiny body making sure she was snug. Looking down at her face I just wondered how could anybody throw her away, I mean literally throw her away, she's the sweetest thing.

"Hey do me a favor." I say writing my number down and tucking it in her pillowcase. "If something goes wrong with Mommy and Draylon call me. I don't care how early, or how late you call me okay?" She nodded.

"Okay Daddy."

"You promise?"

"I promise. But why?"

"You and mommy are my family now even if I'm not with her, she's my family cause she let me be your dad. As your dad it's my job to protect my family, and that means you, and your mom." I watched the smile on her face get wider when I said that. I can honestly say this little girl has me wrapped around her tiny finger. It shocked me cause I actually said it, but what shocked me more is that I actually meant what I said about them being my family. I kissed her forehand, and moved to leave, but her little hands tugged at me. Looking at her I saw her face frown up into a pout, and those pretty big eyes gleaming with tears. The face every little girl made to their father.

"What's wrong Lil Bit?"

"I don't want you to go."

"Daddy can't stay here, he's gotta work."

"But you worked last time." She whined.

"Ight, I'll make a deal with you. I'll stay until you fall asleep okay?"

"Okay!"

"Shhhh." I put my finger over her mouth. "You'll wake your mom up." She covered her mouth along with my finger with her hand. She scoots her body over making room for me to lay next to her. Her little arm drapes at my hip like it's gonna hold me in place.

"I love you Daddy." She says tiredly before closing her eyes, and going to sleep. I kiss her forehead again before whispering in her ear.

"Daddy loves you too, I promise to protect you." Checking again to make sure that she was asleep I slid out of her bed, and went to Cara's bedroom door again. The minute this nigga touches her again, or Lord forbid my daughter I'm shutting his ass down. I locked the apartment door, and made my way to the warehouse with one thought on my mind. I gotta protect my girls. Yup my girls, Cara might not be mines yet, but she will be. She derseves much better than that nigga, and I'm gone prove that I'm better.