Chapter Four

Merry Christmas

Let's just say, Patton and Roman where extremely disappointed in the outcome presented to them. They were expecting Logan and Virgil to come out holding hands, their faces dyed pink, be flirty with each other, or at least act something like a couple! But no, it was just Logan who came down, looking completely normal with the same unimpressed expression etched onto his face.

He took a seat in his armchair, picked up his laptop and continued to do what he normally did. They immediately started to barrage him with questions, but his answers gave them nothing they wanted, they were direct and straight to the point as always.

Roman looked like he was about to scream when Virgil appeared in the room.

"Virgil!" Roman exclaimed, latching onto his arm. "Hey old buddy, old pal, my friend! Is everything alright? Did anything particular happen?! Like something new and interesting?!" Even Patton could admit Roman was acting pretty desperate to get details.

"What are you talking about?" Virgil asked, clearly annoyed Princey was touching him as he tried to shake him off.

"Well you were acting a bit strangely and you seem to be fine now. Did something or maybe someone cheer you up to make come and join us on this lovely Christmas Eve?"

"Patton said we're watching The Muppet's Christmas Carol, it's my favorite Christmas movie."

Patton clapped his hands gleefully. "Yay!!! I'm so glad you can join us this year, Virgil!"

"Yeah, well, glad I could make it too," he mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

"Logan!" Morality called as he grabbed Virgil by the hand and pulled him onto the couch beside him. "Get over! It's cuddle time!!"

"No thank you. I am perfectly fine right here."

"Oh, no you don't, Ebenezer!" Roman said, catching up with Patton's plan and just scooped up Logan into his arms.

"What the- put me down, Roman! You idiotic Prince, I'm demanding you to release me! Oof!" He was dropped right beside an amused Virgil with his glasses askew. Before he cold protest again, Roman threw a ginormous blanket on top of them all.

"Here you go!" Roman sung, pushing a mug which said My Bah Hum Mug into Logan's hands.

He stared at it. "You have got to be joking. Can I please leave now?"

"Oh course not, the movie hasn't even started!" Patton sipped on his hot chocolate while the previews started rolling and Roman sat down on the other side of him.

"Hey, how come I didn't get anything?" Virgil asked.

"You didn't ask for anything," replied Princey.

"Neither did Logan, but he still got a drink."

"Here, Virgil," Logan said, gently giving him his mug of tea. "You can have mine."

Virgil glanced down. "I didn't mean I wanted yours," he muttered.

"Yes, but you were obviously upset you didn't receive a hot beverage and I did not expect one, so you can drink mine."

"We can share it."

"That is hardly necessary." Logan paused as he suddenly felt Virgil take his hand underneath the blanket. They interlocked fingers and Logan gently squeezed it. "Alright. If you insist."

Roman and Patton smiled at each other just as the movie began.

It wasn't long until Patton fell asleep on Virgil's shoulder and Roman had to take the nearly empty mug from his hands so it didn't fall to the floor. When the movie ended, and Princey finally stopped holding out the last chord, he turned the tv off and carefully picked up the sleeping puppy.

"I'll take this little fur ball to bed," he said, heading up the stairs. "Good night!! Don't stay up to late goofing off!"

When they were sure he was gone, Virgil sighed and rested his own head on Logan's shoulder.

"Tired?" Logan asked.

"No."

"You're sure? We can head to bed."

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't wanna move."

"Alright."

They sat in a comfortable silence, listening to the clock tick. They moved so Logan's arm was wrapped around Virgil's shoulders and they're locked hands finally appeared above the fuzzy blanket. Virgil drew circles on Logan's with his thumb.

"I didn't know this movie was your favorite," said the logical side.

"I said earlier that A Christmas Carol was my favorite Christmas story."

"But the muppets?"

Virgil shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

A small smile appeared on Logan's lips. "Alright."

"You keep saying that. It's annoying."

"That's the only thing I have to say in this case and the situations before."

"You're clever," said Virgil looking up at him. "Think of something else."

Logan paused for a minute before placing a kiss on top of his head. "Merry Christmas, Virgil."

"Now where in the world did you learn that?" Virgil asked with a small frown.

"It's called affection. It's when one person shows the other that they enjoy their presence or company."

"I know what it is, but where did you lean it? Just a couple of hours ago you didn't even know what a kiss was."

"I knew what it was," Logan said, adjusting his glasses. "I just didn't understand it."

Virgil rose an eyebrow. "Do you understand it now?"

Another pause. "I think I got the hang of it."

Virgil smirked. "'The hang of it.' How much research did you do after you left?"

"I have no idea what you mean."

"Really? So you're saying if I got up right now to check your laptop's history I wouldn't find a bunch of google searches about love and it's 'side effects'."

Logan sighed. "Alright, maybe I researched it a bit." Virgil gave him a look. "Maybe a lot. But at least I'm trying, I just don't want to disappoint you. All of this touching and kissing and hand holding thing is new for me."

"You won't disappoint me, Lo. I'm new to this too." He leaned up to place a kiss on his cheek. "Merry Christmas to you too."

On top of the stairs, Patton and Roman grinned at each other.