Chapter Eleven

Meeting

Bang bang bang

"I now call this meeting to order!" Roman declared, hitting his gavel repeatedly in the table. Virgil winced at the loud noise as Logan glared at Princey. "We are calling this one;" He pulled the blank sheet of paper off the white board dramatically. "How to Say 'No' to Patton Sanders organized by Me! Any questions?"

Virgil raised his hand lazily. "Yes. Why the hell are we doing this?"

"Because Patton has become dangerous! We've been spoiling him for way too long and it's come to a point where we can't even say no to him. He could ask for anything right now and we'd probably say yes."

Logan adjusted his glasses. "Roman has a point; I've noticed this as well. Although it is extremely unlikely for Patton to ever ask for some 'dangerous', it has become unhealthy and a nuisance considering we now have a damned dog who is constantly chewing up my papers!" Logan cleared his throat. "Anyway, I agree with this meeting."

"Thank you, Logan," the Prince said pointedly. "Now, let's begin!" He pulled the cap off a vibrant red whiteboard marker and started writing. "Patton asks for a new cookbook." He drew a cute chibi version on the side asking for one. "We know he already has ten other cookbooks just like it and there is no more room for yet another. So, Virgil, what do you say to him?"

"I'd say sure because it's a freaking cookbook and one more won't hurt anyone," responded Virgil, leaning back in his chair with a bored expression. Logan face palmed. "I don't see why this meeting is necessary, we can tell him no if we wanted to. In that situation, I wouldn't want to."

"I disagree-" Logan started.

"Well then I agree to disagree," Virgil interrupted but was given a nasty look. "Sorry. Continue."

"Thank you. As I was saying, I disagree. As much as I hate to admit it, none of us have the capability to actually turn down Patton." He pulled out a stack of papers out of nowhere. "I've been keeping track recently and analyzing the data. Here are some examples. October 31: Patton made us all partake in a ridiculous looking costume party and we had to play this absurd game of twister. November 7: Patton had us play Duck Duck Goose and whoever lost had to endure hugs from him. November 20: He made us climb into a fort made of blankets and have to sleep with him. November 23: Roman had to not kill a spider but at least put it outside because that makes sense. December 1: Virgil, you had to help him put up Christmas lights and garland. December 12: He got me another onesie which he forced me into. And so on and so forth leading to January 3: Roman made him a puppy and made me let him keep it.

"I think the reason we go along with his outrageous ideas and plans is because he is absolutely unable to be pursued; it's just easier for us to go along with what he says. He pulls out those tears of his and pouts and acts like we just kicked him so we, for some reason, think we somehow hurt him so agree. This really all started back on October 25, when we went and came back from his room. We saw that he truly can feel hurt and sad, and it was so pitiful, we didn't want to see it again so we'd do anything not to hurt him. I'm not saying that we should intentionally hurt him now, but spoiling him will not suffice either. We just need to realize that whenever we say no to him, he's not exactly hurt and he needs to live with the fact he can't always get what he wants."

"That was a brilliant speech and all," said Virgil. "I definitely listened to it completely, but you explaining that is definitely a lot easier than you actually doing that. Going back to Roman's situation, would you let him get another cookbook?"

"Of course not."

Virgil looked at Roman. "Wanna test that theory?"

Roman grinned. "Right on top of it!" He spun around gracefully and when he finished completing the full 360, he looked identical to their dear father like figure.