Chapter Twenty

Note: Introduction of my own OC

Memories

For as long as Virgil could remember, he was always lonely. From the time he was born, when little five year old Thomas lost his grip and fell off the monkey bars on the play ground and injured his head, and Anxiety was created to give him the fear of climbing up until they were about eleven, he was completely alone.

It was when Virgil was seven when he first saw another side. Mostly, the poor little vigilant side stayed in the dark part of Thomas's mind, never leaving his "room" which was only just a small shed-sized house with a tiny bed and a table. Virgil spent his days laying around, whispering all of his fears aloud which gave Thomas all his doubt. When he wasn't voicing all the things that frightened him, he would go out of his house to sit on a swing which hung from the single tree that stood beside his place.

One day, Virgil heard a voice other than his own and he looked up to see himself. Well, not exactly himself, but someone who looked almost like him running around, chasing after a bright yellow ball. It shocked Virgil, he had never seen anyone else and he was scared.

It didn't take long for little Morality to catch sight of the side sitting all alone. He stared at Virgil, who was peeking out from behind the tree, the ball in his hands before smiling brightly and waving at him.

"Morality! Come on, we have to go back to Thomas! He's counting on us to make him new acquaintances!"

Patton looked over at the tiny Logic walking towards him. "Coming, Logie!" With one last swift glance at Virgil, Patton placed the ball down on the ground, kicked it, and then rushed off to meet with a demanding as ever Logan.

Virgil watched the playground ball rolled towards him before lightly hitting the tree. After making sure Morality was gone, Virgil walked around to pick up the ball. He stared at it for awhile as if it were a bomb before smiling slightly and bouncing it a couple of times.

He played with the ball often, secretly wishing for the other boy to come back to claim it and maybe they could play together. Patton never did.

It wasn't a year later when Anxiety first encountered Roman and was absolutely terrified. He was loud, curious, and obnoxious as he marched around the mind palace claiming he would find what was causing Thomas to not sign up for the talent show. It didn't take the young Prince to find Virgil's now a bit bigger house.

He knocked on his door, that enough gave Anxiety a heart attack. When the side finally cracked the door open, Creativity began to proclaim that he was a knight there to slay a foul demon. Virgil hissed slightly before slamming the door in Roman's face and hiding under his covered for about five days. Immediately Roman sensed a rivalry and he never went back to visit.

It wasn't long until Virgil met up with another darker side than himself. He had finally managed to wander a bit further away from his corner of the mind when he ran into a side with half his face looking like a snake's. Let's just say Virgil was so scared he didn't leave his place for another week until the other side had to coax him out with empty promises and compliments.

Anxiety never really liked the guy, there was something about him he just couldn't exactly trust, but for once, he didn't feel lonely. His mistake. The guy was no good news and soon him kind words slipped away into sarcasm.

Sadly, Virgil still spent way too much time with him and the sarcasm rubbed off on him. He caught onto Deceit's purpose in Thomas' mind, and he took everything the side meant to heart, and it broke him. Virgil began to self deprecate himself and Thomas and Deceit only led him on. He never felt so lonely.