Chapter Eight

Roman's Room

As soon as Virgil appeared in his room he let out a scream of frustration, kicking over his night stand before collapsing face first onto his bed. This is why he hated board games; he didn't have the time, patience, or skill to play them. He sucked at all of them, and Logan expected him to play chess?

He expressed his aversion, but soon gave in since he didn't have any better ideas. However, just like he was expecting, chess was hard. He got the part where you were supposed to capture your opponent's king, but how was that even possible? The knight was the only piece who could jump over others, but it only moved in this weird L shape. Pawns were the most useless piece too, yet you had eight of them and only one queen. Virgil thought there should just be two queens and no king, who was also useless, and no one would ever declare war on them.

And then there was just Logan...

Alright, Virgil will admit, he was acting a bit apprehensive and dramatic since he didn't want to play, and he could tell that Logan was trying. But still, it made him upset that Logan sounded like he was setting him up for failure. Not to mention that it made it seem like the only reason he picked out the game was because Virgil was an over thinker and worrier. Then he just completely pissed him off by saying it was his job to correct Virgil.

They were both at fault, but still Virgil started to feel sorry for himself, yet, at the same time angry at himself for most likely over reacting. He shouldn't have kicked the table over and he shouldn't have swore aloud. Or disappeared right calling his boyfriend a moron... yeah, he really screwed up. Tears started to prickle from the corners of his eyes and he quickly wiped them away.

No, he promised himself he won't be crying anymore... except for books. Books are an exception when it comes to crying. And speaking of books...

Virgil sat up. Like all the other sides, he was stubborn, and was not going to apologize first. He still felt like crap and he needed something to keep his mind off of relationship troubles, or at least distract him from them. So he disappeared and reappeared right in the middle of the library of Thomas' mind.

"Mother of Pearl!!" Roman screamed, dropping all of his plays everywhere. "Dagnabbit, Virgil, what have I told you about doing that?!"

Virgil glanced to the side and pulled his sleeves down. "Ah, yea sorry about that."

Roman ran a hand through his hair, sighing to calm down his racing heart. "It's fine. Just, maybe, try to rise up next time?" Virgil stiffly nodded making the prince raise an eyebrow. "Are you feeling alright, Virge? You look pretty awful."

Virgil shot him a glare. "Thanks, Princey-"

"No no no no! I didn't mean it as s insult!" Roman corrected himself. "I'm just saying, you look like you're about to... um... you know, you just look upset."

Virgil just shrugged. "I guess so."

"Hmmm." Roman clapped twice and his books went flying up into his arms. Virgil stared at him with jealousy, it would be great to be Roman and constantly have to the power to do almost anything he put his mind to. "Let's get going!"

Virgil snapped out of his train of thoughts. "Wha?" Roman grabbed him by the hand and started to walk out the library doors. "Where are we going?"

"To find a comfortable place to talk!" Roman grinned. "And I know the perfect place to talk about boy troubles."

Virgil stared at the room they appeared in with a deadpanned expression. "When the hell did we get this place?"

It wasn't a large room, but it was the most extra thing he'd ever laid his eyes on. The walls were painted a bright sunny yellow with motivational posters hanging almost everywhere so it almost didn't even matter what the walls were colored. A chandelier, of all things, hung from the ceiling right above a small low table which was surrounded with large red, pink, and blue floor cushions and huge stuffed animals, some standing only a head shorter than the two sides. It was as if both Roman and Patton threw up and this place was created.

Roman laughed and pulled him inside. "We've always had this place! This is my room! Sorta."

Virgil frowned, taking a seat cautiously. "Your room?"

"Yeah, this isn't my actual room, but I spend most of my time here. I designed it specifically for this purpose too! So, what is eating at you, Virgil?"