Chapter Eighteen

The Dangers Of Narnia

Previously on An Anxious Mind

"You said you made Dawn-"

"I don't want to talk about this, Princey."

"Well, I mean both of you have been wrong before."

"She's just a cat!"

"Um, Virgil, you wouldn't happen to be fine with getting another cat, would you?"

"What? No! It's just a wardrobe!"

"Back into the closet we go..."

"Stop that!" Virgil ordered, hitting Roman over the head as they stumbled through the fur coats.

"Hey!" whined Princey. "I'm just catching some readers up! There's no need to hit me!"

"Just keep moving."

"I am moving!"

"Well move faster!"

"Oof."

They both fell forward, their hands suddenly hitting soft forest soil. Virgil had to squint his eyes to see again while Princey only quickly got to his feet.

"I forgot how beautiful it was here!" He exclaimed, tying his samurai sword to his waist with a red sash. Don't even ask where it came from. "Maybe that stupid cat running off wasn't such a bad situation after all!"

Virgil scowled, pushing himself up. "Whatever. Let's just get going and find her quickly."

They started to walk forward, while Roman was practically skipping as they went, Virgil dragging behind intently looking around for signs of Dawn.

"Here, kitty kitty kitty!" Roman shouted, searching in trees and bushes and behind a lamppost. "Come out where ever you are!! I have some nice catnip for you!"

Virgil sighed, "Why couldn't it be winter or something? It would have been ten times easier and we could have followed her footprints."

"Well I'm sorry I don't want to truck through snow whenever I come here to uhh... umm.." Roman hesitated to finish his sentence, the doubtful look on his face returned.

Virgil gave him a scowl. "What? What do you come here for?"

"I just didn't want it to be snowing!" The Prince quickly made up. "It's too cold and hard to walk through."

"Roman," warned Virgil. "I swear if some huge ass lion eats her you are going to be it's next meal."

"That's not the problem," Princey stated. "But she's your cat, how do you get her back?"

"Considering I lost her for two years, I'm not exactly sure. She's usually the one finding me, but since she's now in a whole other world that's a bit hard!"

"There's no need to shout!"

Virgil rolled his eyes and stalked forwards. "Whatever."

They continued onward. Roman was as dramatic as ever, examining little parts of the dirt, picking up leaves, and talking to birds as if he was on some hunt. Maybe an hour had passed when Virgil got real tired of this.

"We are never going to find her! This is all just so pointless."

"Now, Virgil," Roman started. "There's no need to be such a Debby-downer. We'll get her back soon enough."

"What about Logan and Patton? We were suppose to meet up with them, and when we don't show up they'll start to worry. How would they know to look in a bloody wardrobe for us?! What if we get lost and can't find our way back?" Virgil babbled on and on about all the possibilities which could go wrong as Roman sighed relentlessly.