Chapter Nine

I Love You

I swear, once I get my hands on Roman, I'll kill him, Logan thought, royally ticked off. He just had to be so extra, and had to fill the house with ten hundred different rooms. He didn't even know they had a theater, but wasn't surprised.

He was also annoyed with Virgil, why did he have to be so good at hiding? He felt the strange feeling of déjà vu so he even checked the pool to see if Virgil just happened to be drowning. He wasn't.

"Dammit!"

He just started throwing open every door he passed. He saw Patton again who didn't know where either of the missing sides where, and he even found a random black cat sitting on top of a bookshelf, but no Virgil or Roman.

Logan sighed, opening the last door on the third floor although he thought it was pointless.

"And then I usually just let them dry for about twenty minutes. Some say dipping them in ice water helps, but I find that it's just a bunch of crap."

"Wow. These- these are pretty neat."

Logan froze at the sight he saw in front of him. He first saw the vibrant colors and already wanted to slam the door closed, but then he saw Virgil and Roman sitting across from each other, Virgil's hand in Roman's.

They both paused before looking over at a terrified Logic.

Roman smirked. "Hey, there, Heartbreaker, can we help you?"

Logan ignored Princey's sassy remark, his eyes were fixed on Virgil's hand. Not only was it in the hand of another side, but his fingernails! They were painted; some a deep purple which almost matched his sweatshirt with a thin layer of silver sparkles, and others a dark blue and black gradient. He had no idea what was going on, but he really hated this picture.

Logan cleared his throat. "Um, Virgil? Could I please talk to you... privately... and preferably not in here."

Virgil rose an eyebrow, debating whether or not to be snarky or just go with him. He really didn't want to get up, it was comfy in here, but they couldn't keep fighting forever so he sighed and heaved himself up off the ground.

"Be careful with you nails!" Roman called with a wink as the two left. He hummed to himself merrily, he really enjoyed painting Virgil's nails and complaining about boys. He decided to make Virgil hang out with him more often.

Logan and Virgil made their way silently and a bit awkwardly down the hall.

"Um, Logan? Where are we going?" Virgil was nervous, was Logan still angry at him? He didn't look too happy standing in the doorway and they left off on not so good terms. What if he hated him now? Did he really screw up this time? They just got together, did Logan realize that dating was not something he wanted to do? Virgil started to panic.

Logan suddenly stopped and pulled open a door which led to a small room with nothing inside but a wardrobe. "This will do," he said, walking inside. Virgil slowly followed him.

They stood there, facing each other, both contemplating on what to do. Virgil currently thought the wooden floor was extremely interesting so he just stared at that while Logan watched the anxious side fidget.

"Virgil," he said lowly. Said side squeezed his eyes shut. He was going to yell. He's was going to tell him this couldn't work. "Virgil look at me."

Virgil shook his head.

Logan gridded his teeth, losing patience yet again. "Virgil, I said look at me!"

He flinched at the demand before slowly raising his head to look at what he expected to be a fuming Logic, but he never got that. He never even got to clearly see Logan before the latter smashed the lips together, roughly. Virgil gasped a bit so Logan wrapped his arms around his middle and dragged him closer so their two chests touched.