Chapter Seventeen

Anxiety and Creativity

It was an average day for the four Sanders Sides; Logan and Virgil were sitting on the couch in the library together, listening to an audiobook; Patton was taking Wednesday on a walk to the pond, talking about absolutely nothing in particular; while Roman was blaring loud pop music off the walls of his dance room.

It was almost a completely empty room besides a couple of yoga mats, the walls were covered in mirrors besides a few couple of bars spread out here and there. There was a pile of weights and then around the room there were multiple small speakers which were currently blasting Believer by Imagine Dragons.

Although it was a dance room, Roman rarely danced since he had nobody to dance with, so he just worked out in there. He was currently doing one armed push ups on the down beat of the song. He continued his work out routine until suddenly his music stopped.

Roman paused from his pelvic thrusts. "What the heck?" He sat up and looked around. There was nobody there. However, his door was cracked open and he did remember closing it because the last time he didn't close it Logan almost strangled him for playing his music too loud.

Groaning with annoyance, Roman stood up and headed out the door to find the culprit of turning off his beloved Beyoncé. He walked down the hall, they couldn't get far. Who was they anyway? Patton wouldn't turn off his music, Logan would give him fair warning, and Virgil would probably just shout at him. But who else.... it couldn't be? Roman began to panic.

Meow

The prince froze, and stared at Dawn who started to circle him. He took a deep sigh in before slowly letting his breath out. He crouched down to stroke her ears.

"Now what are you doing all the way over here? The library is on the completely other side of the house," Roman said. Dawn started to purr in response. "You are a odd fellow. Were you the one who turned off my music?... Come here."

Princey sat down, his legs crossed and he picked up the feline to examine her. She looked like a normal cat; she was completely black except for a little spot on her stomach which was white, her eyes were a vivid green which seemed to look like they were constantly glowing. He could definitely see that she was Virgil's cat, but still... he was not convinced. Only he should be able to conjure, Virgil shouldn't have that type of power, and he's never used it before.

Roman was lost in his thoughts, he didn't even notice the said side come walking around the corner.

"Roman, Patton wants all of us- what the hell do you think you're doing to my cat!" Virgil rushed over and pulled Dawn out of Princey's hands.

"Wha- I wasn't doing anything to her!" Roman quickly stood up. "I was just, er, examining her bean paws." 

"Listen, I know they're blotchy, and she's pretty bad with her claws, but her paws are fine just the way they are." Dawn jumped down out of Virgil's arms and started heading down the hall. Virgil eyed Roman up and down, he wasn't wearing his normal prince getup, but instead just his white pants and a black t-shirt, he was also covered in sweat. "Why do you look like you just came out of a 80s gym class?"

"I was exercising when your cat rudely interrupted me. She turned off my music and I had to chase after her." He moved his arms in a motion as if he was dramatically putting on a coat in one of those action movies, and his normal white, red, and gold tunic appeared. He then ran a hand through his hair, pulling it back out of his sweaty forehead.

Virgil rolled his eyes, he's always so extra. "Come on, Patton needs us for something."

"Let's walk?" Roman offered.