Chapter Thirteen

Dawn

Logan stared at the sight in front of him with utter annoyance. They literally finished speaking of this only two days ago and Roman already failed?! They all not only agreed to no more animals after the dog, but they also said that Patton wasn't receiving anymore ridiculous material items! Not to mention, Patton was allergic to cats, what were either of them thinking?!

"Roman!!" Logan shouted at the top of his lungs. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long for Roman, like always, rose up before him as dramatic as ever.

"You called, Sir Logan of the Library, the most intelligent of them all?"

"Oh, be quiet and explain this to me," snapped the logical side, pointing to the cat sitting on his study desk. It knocked over all his cups of pens, pencils, and highlighters, and his papers were spread out all over the room, crinkled and out of order.

Roman blinked, looking at the black short haired feline. "That's a cat, my dear friend."

"Yes, I know. What is it doing here? I thought I told you no more animals!"

Princey placed a hand on his chest. "Why are you asking me? I didn't make him!"

Logan deadpanned. "Don't give me that, Roman. I know you did it, and I know that Patton asked you to! Now, get rid of it before the childish side finds out. He should be perfectly content with just a dog."

Roman shook his head, utterly confused. "I can't get rid of him. Believe me, Logan, I would if I could. I am not a cat person. They stare at you while you sleep, shed everywhere, and then proceed to knock every single item off your night stand. They're literally the devil's henchmen sent from Hell to kill us all with cute faces."

Logan returned Prince's confused look. "But you're to only one of us who can create other living creatures. If you didn't make him, who else could have?"

Roman shrugged. "I have no idea, but I, for sure, did not make this cat."

"I heard yelling!" Patton suddenly arrived. "Is everything alright?"

"No, everything is not alright!" Roman exclaimed. "Someone has stolen my powers!"

"Stolen? But that's impossible, we can't take each other's powers. And what are you talking about? Why was Logan shouting?" Logan turned his head to the direction of the cat who was now liking its paw. "Oh my goodness, it's a kitty!!!"

"Indeed," said Logan, pushing his glasses up. "Do you know how it came to be here, Patton?"

"So, Roman didn't make him?"

Princey shook his head. "Definitely not. Not to mention, this cat looks older, he isn't a kitten. I can only make baby animals, and then they grow up. It's the circle of life!!"

Logan cut him off. "Not is not the time for Disney, Roman. We need to figure out where this cat came from, and who has the ability to create just like you can."

Patton tilted his head, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Hold on, I've seen this cat before."

A light bulb suddenly went off on Logan's head. "You're right! I have too!" He hit himself on the forehead with his palm. "It was in another room in this house; I saw it while I was looking for Virgil once."

"And I saw him a long time ago," Patton mused. "... a very long time ago, he was only a kitten back then, but those green eyes are definitely the same. It was before we got this house, and well, before we all started living together. Are you sure you didn't summoned him and you just forgot?"