Chapter Six

Happy

It was probably Virgil's favorite sound; it was so beautiful, memorizing, rhythmic. The sound of a breath, the sound of a heart. He used to say he was heartless, emotionless, indifferent, but Virgil could prove it was a big fat lie, especially now. From the first day he met him, actually, Virgil knew it wasn't true, he was faking it... although, they were all faking it back then to some degree...

The two lovebirds laid beneath the starry winter night sky, Virgil's ear was pressed against Logan's chest as it slowly and peacefully moved up and down. The brain fell asleep some time ago, but Virgil just couldn't get to sleep, he just wasn't tired. So he instead listened to Logan's steady breathing and heartbeat. He loved the sound, it made him feel at ease.

As soon as they got to the ski lodge that evening, Logan and Virgil split up from the other two, just waiting to get away from them and spend some time along together. Roman directed them to the attic which was covered in soft, cushy pillows and warm, woven blankets. The roof was made of glass so they could see all the constellations.

Logan went on and on about the stars; talking about how they were made; what they consisted of; and what the invisible lines drawn symbolized and where they originated. Honestly, Virgil didn't remember a word he said, but he still listened. He loved listening to Logan's voice, even if he didn't understand. He was such a nerd, and Virgil loved it.

Although, what he didn't sometimes love was that he was smart, too smart. Logan could tell that Virgil didn't understand a word he was saying and when the anxiety tried to deny it, Logan started up a whole new debate between them. Virgil won, but he "didn't play fairly".

Instead of actually debating, Virgil grabbed Logan by his soft, blue tie and pulled him into a kiss. That definitely shut him up. This kiss was different from their first and second kisses, this one was deep and hot. They both struggled for dominance, but Virgil always knew he was in charge as he climbed on top of Logan and slithered his tongue into the latter's mouth.

Logic found that extremely surprising and pulled away quickly, not knowing how to react any other way. Virgil laughed at him, but dropped it, leaving it for another time and they just cuddled instead, and soon Logan fell asleep.

It was probably three o'clock in the morning now, but Virgil was still wide awake. But he didn't care, he wished it would stay three o'clock forever because he had never felt happier, had never felt safer in his entire lifetime than he was in that ski lodge.