Chapter Five

Ice Skating

"This is stupid," grumbled Virgil, kicking the snow on the ground.

Since it was Christmas, Patton insisted that they all spent time together and Roman got the sudden idea to create a winter wonderland for them to explore. Both Virgil and Logan tried to decline, but Patton started to make his puppy dog eyes and there was no way in this mind palace that either of those two could turn those down.

So they all pulled on heavy jackets of their respective colors, large boots, gloves (mittens for Patton), scarves, and with much force for some, hats.

"It is not stupid," Princey exclaimed. "I did a beautiful and gorgeous job recreating the picture Patton showed me! I even put in a ski lodge we can go to tonight!"

"A ski lodge? This sounds like a beginning of a horror movie?"

"It's Christmas! Now is not the time for horror games, although that does sound like a lot of fun."

Virgil rolled his eyes.

"Well," Patton started gleefully. "Let's get going?!"

They began their journey. Roman, of course, led the way with Patton not far behind him. They were talking excitedly and pointing out the spectacular scenery Roman made a point not to make anyone forget it was his work.

Logan and Virgil trudged about ten feet behind them, brooding in their own silence. They will admit, it was very beautiful. In Florida, it rarely snowed and it was never this much.

The snow was packed tightly on the bottom, but was pretty light on top like cotton. It was still snowing, but it was a light fall and it made everything like bright and glittery. Trees were covered in the white, icy powder and the sky was a beautiful shade of light blue littered with streamy clouds. It looked exactly like a photograph found in a nature calendar.

However, no matter how gorgeous the scenery was, Logan and Virgil were annoyed and disappointed that they couldn't spend the day together, alone, in the library. But no, instead they were forced onto an adventure they did not want to go on.

"Hey look!" Patton shouted pointing down. The two stopped to allow the love birds to catch up so they could all look down on the frozen lake. "Let's go ice skating!"

Virgil immediately started to back out. He's never been ice skating before, he didn't know how to! What if the ice breaks under all their weight? He didn't know how to swim either! What if he fell and Princey laughed at him? Logan might think he was pathetic for not knowing how to just walk on ice. Hell, he could barely walk on normal ground! No, no, no, "No."

Patton looked at him, his eyes gleaming and watering behind his glasses. "Please, Virgil? It'll be fun! I can teach you if you don't know how to!"

Logan pushed his glasses up. "I agree with Virgil, this is something I definitely do not want to engage in. Put those eyes away, Patton, you've already dragged me out here, don't make me go sliding on ice."

The heart started to pout instead, crossing his arms. Virgil thought he looked like a soft grumpy marshmallow or something else just as intimidating if not less.

Roman pated him on the shoulder. "It's okay, I'll skate with you! They're just being jerks!"

Patton ignored him.

"Virge?" Oh god. "Please?" Just take your eyes away, just don't look at him. "You'd do it, right? For your best friend?"

Virgil sighed. "Fine! I'll do it."

Logan pinched the bridge of his nose. Why did his boyfriend have to be such a softie for this side, who was currently leaping with joy as he dragged Virgil away down the hill, Roman following them. He spoiled the little heart who loved all of them so much to a point where it was ridiculous. Patton could literally ask him to kill someone and he'd probably do it, not like Patton would ever ask that, but Virgil would basically do anything if Patton pulled the right face.