15. Umbrella

Drip drop. The rain hit the concrete floors, people were running to not get wet. People ran with their bags covering their heads, and those who had umbrellas tried to share them with others. Everyone was running home and going onto buses, running for their lives. 

It's pouring today. It's like the ocean is falling on our heads. And I didn't bring my umbrella.

 The news forecast said it was gonna be nice and sunny today. Guess they were wrong... stupid forecast. 

I sadly sat on the steps underneath the school roof, patiently waiting for the rain to slow down. I was at school late, so most of my friends were at home, away from this rain... 

I hate the feeling of rain on my skin, it's so icky and moist. Especially when it gets into my socks... 

"Y/N-ah? You're still here?" 

Huh? I turned around to find Jimin... Jimin-ah... 

Park Jimin, the student council president... My heart skipped a beat. He was carrying a blue umbrella, his black hair was smooth and fluffy looking. His skin was flawless and his eyes twinkled. 

"A-ah yes... I'm waiting for the rain to slow down... " I said shyly, looking down at the wet ground.

Jimin and I don't talk much, but you can say we get along very well. And I do have a crush on him... 

"Waiting all by yourself? You'll get home really late if you keep waiting... " He said, walking towards me. He took a seat next to me, on the steps. 

"Wanna share an umbrella with me? I'll walk you home." 

"Oh, y-you don't have to-" 

"Y/N-ah, you'll get sick and tired waiting here by yourself. No one would want that, would they? I know I would never want that." He gave a me a smile. 

"Well... okay. I'll lead you the way back to my home." I stood up, brushing off my skirt. 

"Great!" He smiled sweetly at me. 

"I wouldn't want you standing in the rain by yourself. I would not be a gentleman to leave you out there alone, would I?" He said as he opened his umbrella and lifted it above our heads. 

"I... I guess. But you're already a gentleman Jimin. You're so nice... " We started to walk on the street. 

"That's not true!" He said, laughing. 

A car passed by us and splashed water by doing so. The water touched my bare leg and my knee high stockings, making me jump. It's so cold... 

"Eek!" I screamed and jumped away, towards Jimin's side. 

Jimin, who saw how scared I was at the water, took my hand and put it in his. We were now... holding hands. 

"Here, hold my hand Y/N. Stay close to me." 

"I... o-okay." 

I felt my face heat up as Jimin's hand was in mine, his other was carrying the umbrella above our heads. 

I showed him the directions to walk back to my house, which wasn't too far from school. It was close enough to not have to use public transport to get there. 

As we walked, we talked and I slowly got out of my shyness, and forgot we were still holding hands and like an inch apart. 

After a few minutes, we made it to the front of my house. 

"Thank you for walking me home Jimin. You are really a gentleman." I said, smiling. 

"Oh don't thank me, it was a pleasure to walk you back home..." He said, smiling softly. 

"I'll... see you at school! Thank you so much!" I said, waving at him as he started to walk away. 

"Bye Y/N!" He smiled brightly at me, and walked away. 

He really is... a gentleman. 

END 

Did you know in Japan, there is an umbrella love sign? 

So you basically draw a stick with a triangle on top, and that's your umbrella

So you basically draw a stick with a triangle on top, and that's your umbrella. Then a heart to represent love... 

And each name of the person on each side! Does it really matter where the names go on each side, like the male on this side or something? Well to me, it doesn't matter, they just need to be on each side. 

(I drew this for me and Jimin when I was bored in class LOL) 

Soo... 

I'm gonna make one for you! 

Excuse my ugly handwriting, I was doing this on Sketchpad

Excuse my ugly handwriting, I was doing this on Sketchpad... But there you go! You are destined to be with Jimin under an umbrella one day! Yay! 

 But there you go! You are destined to be with Jimin under an umbrella one day! Yay! 

Thanks for reading ^^ bye