Chapter 8 The Date

Saturday night and I am at home getting ready to go out with FP and meet up with my friends.
I had felt incredibly nervous and had almost absentmindedly spilled my nail polish and lip balm on my hand.
My parents were only aware that I was going out with friends and nothing else.
They were hiding a secret it was something that took a while to figure out what it was.
The secret was that my father had been a Serpent and took no mercy on people when he had met my mother.
I had admired his sense of bravery towards the serpents and he became such a role model for the younger serpents.

But deep down he wants me to find my prince charming and live happily for the rest of my days.
I had dreamed about being with FP Jones the presence of that boy was enough to make you daydream at any stage of the day.

I had finished getting ready and was coming down the stairs to see my mother waiting for me
"Where are you off too tonight"??
"Just going out with some friends"
"OK then be back before 1am please"
"Ok see you later then"

Mary had arrived at my house to pick me up in her car she had Fred with her too.

6:30pm
Thirty minutes until my date with FP.
The date was taking place in the Twilight Drive In and the movie was Rebel without a Cause.

It was going to the best night out I was ever going to have.
The movie was great but the one bummer came from the Bulldogs teammates to make matters worse Hal was there.

I secretly knew that FP was a lot stronger than Hal.
I just needed him to prove my point.

FP had went to grab more popcorn and as soon as he had left Hal came over and sat next to me.
"I see you have company tonight"
"Yeah I have"
"I am on a date with FP"
"What a surprise, look what the tide dragged in"

FP had returned and was not happy to see Hal beside me.
"Well,Well,Well"
"What do you want"
"Can I not sit beside my date for the sake of watching a film"
Hal had nearly tried to hit FP but he dodged him and shook him and told him to "Clear off go back to your beloved teammates".
Hal had gotten thick within a few seconds and had left within a few seconds.

"Are you ok"
"Yeah I am he was only asking for trouble".
"Damn right he was"